Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Draft Lottery

• 12-03-2005 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

You all remember the WWE's draft lottery which they held after last year's WrestleMania? Basically, they switched up the rosters a bit, sending Raw guys to Smackdown and vice versa. It could have turned out better, I thought, but it still had some positives...

This year, which superstars would you like to see switch brands? Keep in mind that if Raw guys jump to Smackdown, those going to the shows in April will see them live. I sure wouldn't mind seeing my man Christian live! (Yes, I am a peep!)

So... let me know what you think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NCIRL

Yeah i heard the Rostor Draft is set for April the 18th 2 days before WWE in Dublin , WWE are having RAW and SD taping in the same building in the same night .

Inanyway i would love to see Randy Orton who is almost certain to move to SD but i would really love HBK Shawn Michaels to move to SD he would freshen things up. Another rumour going about is Edge is moving to SD.

The draft just before the Dublin show should add a bit of excitment to the event for us 14,222 lucky enough to be going to shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I remember last year I was going to see RVD, the Dudleys, Lance Storm and Booker amongst others only to see Storm retire and all the others drafted to Smackdown a few weeks before they actually arrived. I hope the same doesnt happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

A lottery implies probability. There was never any lottery, just a make believe one, you never saw the paper eric took out of the can thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

well of course it wasnt a f*cking lottery. A match also implies probebility but the competitors already know whos going to win but that dosnt stop them calling it a match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

You know what I mean, anyway. I agree with the HBK point. Him on Smackdown would certainly freshen things up. The fact that they're doing the draft lottery two days before they come to Dublin is cool. I didn't know that until I read this thread. I'm looking forward to it even more now! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I wish that they would cut the crap and have like it once was no flamin brand extensions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I honestly wish they would just combine the two shows and get rid of some of the ****e wrestlers and have one amazing show.

Anyway any show with Angle, Benoit, Jericho, Michaels, Guerrero, RVD, Mysterio, Dudleys, Edge, Christian, London, Tajiri would get me watching WWE again.

There's heavy indication that Orton is going to Smackdown. I dunno if they'd let him and Michaels go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Orton went to Smackdown. What Smackdown lacks now is main event talent. Assuming Batista becomes a main event player on Raw, where else could Orton go? He would only lose popularity on Raw. Smackdown would be the right move for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think now that we have seen Heel Orton and Face Orton, its quite obvious which role he plays best. Its also quite obvious that the WWE has high hopes for him. If he stays on Raw, he stagnates. HHH isnt about to give away the top heel slot anytime soon, and Orton is crap as a face, so a move to SD would be beneficial all round.

In the draft, I would also like to see The Hurricane move to SD, change gimmick, and go back to being Shane Helms in the CW division, a divison which will be growing big time after Wrestlemania. With Kazarian, Ultimo Dragon, Juventud Guerrero along with whats already there, itll make for great TV.

I would also like to see Ryhno move back to SD, again as a heel and go into the US title scene. His character doesnt really suit Raw, and he is a good wrestler, which fits with SD. It could be very beneficial for him.

I dont think Shawn will move to SD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Woud love to see Randy Orton move to Smackdown and play the part of the "bad guy"....he will loose against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania but will follow him for revenge and manage a win in Smackdown before Summer Slam.

I think Mohammed Hassan and the Masterpiece are going to be great for Raw next season, the problem is to balance too much talent in Raw versus too little talen in Smackdown. Would like to see HBK and Edge in Smackdown. Big Show to Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Supposedly this is due to happen next week. Im reckoning the following

RAW - SD!
    Edge
    Orton
    Hurricane

SD! - RAW
    Haas
    and cant think of anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

don't forget the recenetly signed super crazy!

So are they going to have a 3rd brand? - ECW style or are they just siging all the talent fopr the "one off" ppv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

meee thinks Michaels or Angle will be traded judging by comments from Michaels on Raw last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

meee thinks Michaels or Angle will be traded judging by comments from Michaels on Raw last week

Angle on Raw, now there's a possibility if Micheals goes to SD.

RAW to SD
    /edit
    my choices are now gone so maybe Micheals and Val Venis

SD to RAW
    Jindrak
    Heidenreich
    RVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jesus Rancher

I'd like to see

SD-RAW
    Eddie
    Show

RAW-SD
    Orton
    Micheals

I'd like to see:

SD to Raw:

Booker T
    Heydenreich
    Rob Van Dam

Raw to Smackdown:

Shawn Michaels
    Chris Jericho
    Chris Benoit (cos I'm going to the show in the Point and he's my fav. wrestler :D )

It doesn't sound like there will be a draft though as they haven't hyped it up. Unless it gets announced on Smackdown this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i think rvd has a better chance of getting a push if he stays where he is on smackdown! HHH and Batista are going to battle it out for quite a few months to come and id love to see rvd be champ! he'd be class

i think rvd has a better chance of getting a push if he stays where he is on smackdown! HHH and Batista are going to battle it out for quite a few months to come and id love to see rvd be champ! he'd be class

I thought when RVD went to Smackdown he would get his chance but it hasn't happened. He's been wasted in tag matches and hasn't been given a chance at the title. I'd also like to add I think the Dudleys should go to Raw when they return as they too are wasted on Smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I'm not so sure of Orton going to SD because the WWE are hinting he's goin to have a feud with Batista when he's back from the injury "Batista" caused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Just watching now and decided to announce it here first that one month away, there will be a lottery draft. :)

Also i think Christan is going to smackdown and getting that much needed and deserved push but i could be wrong.
    Last years Lottery Draft didnt help anyone who went to smackdown imo but hopefully Christan will have more luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

it helped booker t a bit, and renay de pree for a while, but a draft lottary only works well if they switch the big names around, ortan should move he has already fuded with all the big names on raw, eddie would go the same way as benoit did if he moved

It also gives them a chance to get rid of some talent. Chuck and A Train were regulars on Smackdown if not Velocity every week. Once they switched both struggled and went into limbo before being cut.

Advertisement