Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you PLEASE use the gigs/events board.

Options
  • 12-03-2005 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Lads, if you're posting about concerts, festivals and the like, could you please post it in the gigs/events board? It's there for a reason, and if you could use a bit of common sense, it would be helpfull. If you were going to post about a film, you'd do it in the films board, and if you were going to post about a game, you'd do it in the games board, so why does it seem so hard for people to use the gigs/events board when posting about gigs. At the very least you can keep it to the upcoming gigs thread. It's not much to ask, is it?

I'm posting this thread because people here seem to be using the rock/metal board as it's own seperate community, and that's resulting in duplicate threads, like Slayer and Slipknot.

This board is one small piece of boards.ie as a whole, so stop treating it as a seperate community. The gigs/events boards is there for a reason, just as the films boards is there for a reason. I don't want to have to crack down again, but the board is becoming over-run with threads that don't belong here. So reguardless of whether it's a rock or metal gig, the qualifying factor here is that it's a gig. You don't see people posting about the film Old Yeller in the pets board, so it should be no different from gigs.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

sorry, i did a post on the trivium gig so v sorry hehe :p kirsty :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Is this not the forum for discussing rock/metal music?
    Are rock/metal concerts not related to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

:rolleyes:

Read the thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Diggin a hole..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What's the big deal?

It's not like anybody has gone off topic by doing this.
    Anyway, all the posters that would be interested in in rock/metal gigs would be found here so your best option is to just move them to the gigs forum and keep the links here in this one.

• Advertisement

Anyway, all the posters that would be interested in in rock/metal gigs would be found here so your best option is to just move them to the gigs forum and keep the links here in this one.

If you actually took the time to read the thread, you'd notice the part I mentioned about duplicate threads. I can hardly move them, and have a pile of the same topics on the gigs board.

I'm simply asking that from now on, post about gigs in the gigs forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

ok will do sowwy xxxkirstyxxx

:o :mad: :mad: :mad:

bedlam wrote:
    Surly stickying the Fury Fest 2005 thread is sending out the wrong message then, it would be more suited to the Gigs / Events board or have the first post merged with "upcoming gigs"

By that reasoning, the upcoming gigs thread is also sending out the wrong message. But another problem lies in the duplicate of the fury fest thread, so I think it best to leave the thread where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Your caught now KH.

Advertisement