Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Tongs

• 12-03-2005 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

Today i bought a Nicky Clarke barrel hair tongs because i wanted to put some loose curls in my hair , my hairs pretty long and ive tried it on big lumps of hair and small pieces of hair and none ofthe curls will stay in my hair , whats a girl to do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

if you have really long hair you shouldnt wrap the WHOLE strand round the tongs
    start at the bottom and work your way up!! happy curlin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Ah i think i`ll have to just stick some curler in altogeather , im really unsatisfied with this curler :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Is your hair naturally straight or wavy?

My hair is a bit wavy, and I sometimes put twists in my hair. After I've washed my hair, I take a small bit of hair and twist it around, then I hold onto it and do the next one - after I've done about five or so, I tie them together with a hairband and then move onto the next bunch. Leave it tied til your hair is almost dry, take out the hairbands, and voila - nice lovely twisty things! Or if I'm feeling lazy, I twist big sections of hair, take the hairbands out after it's about halfway dry, and it creates nice curly things.

No hair products, no tongs, just twisting :) But I dunno if that'd work on straight hair now - you should try it anyway!

no my hair is dead straight naturally , i normally have to plait it the night before and sleep on em to get any bit of kink to stay in it , i think ill try some rollers next weekend ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

how about curling with the ghd? Xelant

• Advertisement

I never tryed that actually :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Spray your hair VERY lightly with hairspray before you roll it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

if using ghd use the protective spray to aoid split ends/ scorched hair ect ect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

If you are ever going to the hairdresser to get an upstyle done, they always tell you to make sure your hair isn't freshly washed that morning or even the night before. They prefer you to have "one day old" hair, that basically hasnt been washed in 24 hours or so. The natural oil in your hair will help your hair to hold a curl easier, as the oils in your hair encourage the individual hairs to hold together, as opposed to freshly washed, squeaky clean hair which has a tendency to "seperate" the hairs from each other. So, if you are heading out on a Saturday night, wash your hair on the Friday morning/afternoon and do your curls on the Saturday evening. They won't fall out. If you are conscious about your hair not being as shiny as you would like, just spritz it with shine mist. But curly hair naturally isnt going to be as shiny as straight hair anyways.

Advertisement