Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Mage PvP Tale.

• 12-03-2005 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

This is just a short PvP story, about myself, Sou a Level 34 Undead Mage (Arcane/Frost), judge for yourself.

At 8:10pm Today, one of my housemates ran into my room as I happily battled a Lesser Infernal, deep inside Mannoroc Caverns, in Desolace. He arrived to tell me Star Trek Enterprise was on. We had seen the trailers on Sky all week and were rather pissed at missing it on Tuesday. What with it being cancelled, combined with its sheer comedy valued, I just couldnt miss it.

It was then that I looked at my trusty Hearthstone, hoping it could return me to the nearest inn, Shadowprey Village, also in Desolace, allowing for a speedy Logging out. To my horror, I had still set my stone to Crossroads, from some earlier questing.

Realising I faced a rather short, but nonetheless annoying trek back to the village, I turned around, to begin my journey. It was then I noticed a level 33 Druid, aptly named Druidas. He looked at me as I looked at him, each wondering what to do next.

Experience has taught me one rule, when it comes to pk. If there is too many levels in difference (I choose 5) then ignore them, either above or below, otherwise kill. Its a rule I think, many have adopted.

I quickly learned my druid friend obviously had developed the same adage, as he launched a brutal attack, beginning with a Moonfire. While I had just finished off a Lesser Infernal, 3 levels higher than me, I was nonetheless extremely confident.

Counterspelling his wrath, preventing him from casting any further balance spells for 10 seconds and silencing him for 4 seconds (Improved Counterspell), I began showing my Druid friend why the mage is considered the Highest Dps class, in the game. My most effective spell, Arcane Missiles, taught him this lesson well, as all he could do was approach me with his staff in hand.

It was then that his friend decided to show himself, with a carefully co-ordinated backstab, his 37 Rogue friend revealed himself.

Sadly, being fairly low on health to begin with, and not expecting much of a fight, I quickly died to the Rogues Backstab and subsequent hammering as I stared at the screen, wondering what the point of the Druid was.

That might have been the end of the tale, had I not proceeded to release my spirit and head back to my corpse.

With little but desire for revenge on my mind, I scoured the area, looking for the two who had so easily dispatched me. Realising they were long gone, I headed off again, for Shadowprey Village. All the time, considering readjusting my rules, just a little bit, to reflect this grevious mistreatment of me, their fellow player.

Deciding long ago, not to let the actions of others be reflected in my PvP policy I proceeded on my way home, ignoring a 34 warrior Human, as he battled.

However, just as soon as I left Mannorocs Cavern, I came across 2 druids and a rogue, fighting a 39 Thunder Lizard, just off the road. Presuming there was no way this could be my friends, I continued on, ignoring them.

It was until curiousty got the better of me and I checked the names of these 3, that I noticed one of them was aptly named Druidas.

A ferocious grin came over my face, although you wouldnt know it to look at my avatar, as I began buffing myself for the task ahead.

Summoning my Mechanical Dragonling (Engineering), I immediately 'sheeped' the newcomer, a 31 Druid, as my Dragon charged the rogue. No one seemed more shocked by this, than the 37 rogue, as he had a 35 Mechanical Dragon, a 34 mage and a 39 Thunder lizard, all beating down on him, with unrelenting fury.

The secod Druid, Druidas, seemed blissfully unaware of my presence as he continued to Wrath the Thunder lizard. In fact, it was not until the Rogue finally succumbed to the combined assault, that the Druid even seemed to care. However, it was at this time that the Thunder Lizard also died and the Druid and I began staring at each other. His normal stance seeming to beg forgiveness and mercy even as my Dragon attacked with an enthusiasm, even I had to respect.

Sadly, with an Improved counterspell and a few Arcane Missiles later, Druidas joined his Rogue friend in oblivion.

With my vengence sated and little mana or health, I turned to the Druid sheep and waved. Continuing on my path, I was surprised as strange tangling roots began forming around my person, holding me in place. Turning again I saw my Dragon, beating the once Druid sheep, even as he cast spells at me.

Laughing to myself, I gulped down a Greater Healing potion and used my Mana Agate. With more than enough Health and mana to kill a lowly lvl 31 Druid, and with a 35 Dragon to boot, I cackled insanely at the situation.

Shortly afterwards, following several puny attempts to fight back and escape, my 31 Druid sheep was dispatched from this plane of existence.

It was at this time that my Dragon chose to unsummon itself, as its 1 minute timer expired. Laughing at the irony of the situation, I turned home for a well deserved rest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Good for you :) , and a well told tale too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Good story :) gave me a laugh on this hangover sunday

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

lol... I love my 31 mage, he can blow up just about anything!

Where did you get the Mechanical Dragonling? I didnt think we could get pets, even temporary ones!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It's an engineering thingy. Eng has to be the most fun of all the professions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I had a level 60 paladin in US. And honestly Mages are so much better as a class and so much more fun to play, in both PvE and PvP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Cant agree more, with both, DapperGent and Memnoch.

Engineering is the most interesting profession, bar none. The fact you can buy potions, armour, weapons etc. etc. means if money is not an issue, Engineering is the way to go.

As for Mages, I feel naked, trying to play any other class. Frost Nova and Blink are now necessary for my consistent enjoyment, not to mention survival.

Advertisement