Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, am I the only one on here that can't wait for WipEout Pure...?

Options
  • 13-03-2005 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously looking forward to this and it'll be the no.1 reason I buy a psp. The idea of playing others on your own screen has been about since WO2097 but you needed complex expensive set ups to use it. WipEout Fusion didn't allow for it at all and sucked anyway compared to the handling in the three PS 1 titles.

Now we're getting a return to the original handling systems and old team names/ships. Brand new tracks with more d/l-able over the following months after release AND the potential to play 1-8 players either on wi-fi or possibly through the net (wireless BB required).
    I've not even seen the tracklist yet but I already know it'll be quality. The delay of the psp launch better not screw up the release of the games over here too :mad:

http://www.wipeoutpure.com/

Use zoom in to view the psp screen

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/wipeout/preview_6119387.html

There's 2 dev interviews on that site too that have convinced me that they're not gonna make the mistakes they did in Fusion.

Roll on release date, whenever that may be...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Unfortunatly pro not. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Less than a week to go now :D

I really hope they get this one right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Less than a week to go now :D

I really hope they get this one right

Just went to Eurogamer to see what they had to say and they're amped too; usually a pretty good sign. There's talk of about 60mb of extra content, no doubt a bigger memstick will be in order...

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57859

I liked their dig at fusion; a shoot em up with corners. lol :D

What do you mean by extra content? :confused:

New tracks, ships, music and in game menu skins as well. Rumours (if you choose to believe them) reckon about 60mb over the 6 months after release)
    I really think they have their collective sh*t together on this one.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2005Mar/bga20050309029501.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Ciaran500 wrote:
    What do you mean by extra content? :confused:

new skins for the menus, new ships tracks music etc released each month for 6 months apparantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

man for me there was no contest on what i wanted to preorder along with my psp :D all the vids looked class and all previews seem to be pretty hopeful that this could be the best wipeout yet. roll on the 24th + plus what ever i have to wait for DHL and customs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I bought my PSP just for this game. Ridge Racers is great and all but its all about the AG baby!

Sittin on my LUAS lashing along to da tunes is only a matter of days away now...

I've already paid for wipeout pure and some places (EBGAMES.com) say pure will be shipping on the 15th. Of March :eek:

hal9000 wrote:
    man for me there was no contest on what i wanted to preorder along with my psp :D all the vids looked class and all previews seem to be pretty hopeful that this could be the best wipeout yet. roll on the 24th + plus what ever i have to wait for DHL and customs :mad:

i will hopefully have wipeout by end of next week or early week after, its releasing on the 16th in the US and videogamesplus.ca have confirmed theyll post the day they get it

L5 wrote:
    i will hopefully have wipeout by end of next week or early week after, its releasing on the 16th in the US and videogamesplus.ca have confirmed theyll post the day they get it

Did you email them? Im with them too so chances are you and I will have it at the same time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I've just ordered it too from them.w00p!

Did you email them? Im with them too so chances are you and I will have it at the same time :D

yeah i mailed them, they confirmed theyll ship them once they get the games. i was worried they'd post all my games i ordered together but they said if theyre out of different dates they post them seperate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

pschhh wipeout just wants to be f-zero! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

evad_lhorg wrote:
    pschhh wipeout just wants to be f-zero! ;)

Im glad someone said it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's all a bit mad, I will have wipEout pure something like 10 days before DVDsoon get around to posting me my ntsc psp, still the game is only costing me about 30 euro plus postage so, looking forward to it.

Tusky wrote:
    Im glad someone said it.

SACRILEGE!!!

Fzero = passable
    WipEout = greatest videogame EVAR :D

pish-posh f-zero is class and all but wipeout has a sense of style (european) to it, which is lacking f-zero imo, I hate the craft design in f-zero. Plus I really dig the music that goes with wipeout :D

Having never played any of the f-zero series I can't comment, although the last title for the GC looked pretty sweet.
    However, regardless of which is better(sheer personal opinion), more original, or came first, I still love the WO series with a passion I hold for very few other games.
    I find it hard to believe that the soundtrack comes even close, and like it or not it's important for a game like this.
    I 've read up on the controls of the f-zero series and I don't like the sound of them; the air-brake on the WO ships sounds superior to a side thrust system.
    BTW while we're on the nintendo subject I recall seeing a version of wipeout for N64 called, imaginatively enough WipEout64...anyone ever played it? Was it just a PS1 port? Or did it predate the PS1?

Lastly, I don't believe there is an upcoming f-zero title for the DS so naysayers can simply stfu and let us bask in the glory of Pure :D

Careful now!

Theres room in this world for two amazing racing series.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Careful now!

Oh I agree wholeheartedly and I'm not one of these Sony v Nintendo saddos that follow blindly and put down the "other side" for no good reason...
    In fact the lack of futuristic racers besides the 2 mentioned and a handful of other titles is disappointing in this age of next gen consoles. As mentioned the awful Fusion and F-Zero are the only titles; nothing at all on the xBox that I'm aware of or upcoming on the DS, so Pure is going to be my fix of AG action for the forseeable, unless I buy a GC...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Careful now!

ah yea but f-zero is better! :D rock hard too!(except when youre as l33t as me at it ;) )

I've never played wipeout64 but I know it was made after wipeout 2097 and as such looks quite like it. I believe there are some new tracks and different music but apparently it was good.

Also you had a chance to try out analogue sticks on wipeout on wo64 for the first time. Fusion as we know did the same later on the PS2 but is widely regarded (despite its wonderful visuals) as the least enjoyable version of the game - they changed the physics and the handling of the wipeout craft.

Hopefully they get the handling right in purE but early reports suggest that it's right on the money. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

Well WO3 also had analogue control. WO64's tracks were all new but the look was very much in line with 2097. To be honest I didn't like the handling in WO64 but some of the tracks were actually quite cool.

Dogg.

Well there was quantum redshift on the xbox was good but it doesnt come close the greatness of the f-zero or wipeout series plus the company that made it is dead now, btw nintendo would be mad not to put a f-zero game on the ds :eek:

hal9000 wrote:
    Well there was quantum redshift on the xbox was good but it doesnt come close the greatness of the f-zero or wipeout series plus the company that made it is dead now, btw nintendo would be mad not to put a f-zero game on the ds :eek:

I've a feeling they will. It could utilise the twin screens quite well; innovatively even. I know a twin screen for WO would be sweet: barreling down a track and being able to see in front and behind simultaneously would add a nice dimension to the game...as well as make dropping mines or launching a rocket less luck based :D

BTW WO3 is my favourite of the series mainly cos of the analog stick controls and the Icarus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

Well that would never happen on the DS obviously as you couldn't run the 3D graphics on both screens.

Dogg.

Dogg Thang wrote:
    Well that would never happen on the DS obviously as you couldn't run the 3D graphics on both screens.

Dogg.

Then what's the point in having them? All the nintendo zealots are saying the 2nd screen is one of the top features of the DS over the PSP.
    On second thought don't answer that...I'm not turning this thread into a DSvPSP argument.

It was a nice idea though... :(

yah that would be a good idea there is enough of dsVpsp on the net atm :rolleyes: lets be honest they both suck and the n-gageQD rocks :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Dogg Thang wrote:

I havn't seen anything that says you cannt run 3D on both at the same time. It can do 60fps one so why not 30+fps on both? Iv seen full 3D on both so far but admitidly not both at the same time.

Advertisement