Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there Anyone from Kilkenny

Options
  • 13-03-2005 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

I was delighted when a kilkenny board started up, but appartently there feck all people from Kilkenny on Boards.ie. :eek: And there's being less posts here. So i trying to keep the board alive and will continue to post here every week untill an acceptable number of people post here, after all we are a CITY! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Plenty of Kilkenny folks on boards that I know of (including myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Did'nt know you were from Kilkenny, I just don't want this board to dissapear into obsecurity. I suppose a crowd attracts a crowd and the more threads here will mean the more posts here and the more posts here will eventually lead to a community. Just trying to keep it alive and judging by the amount of posts here since the beginning Its not the most vibrant.(Like my Sig ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

BingoBongo wrote:
    I was delighted when a kilkenny board started up, but appartently there feck all people from Kilkenny on Boards.ie. :eek: And there's being less posts here. So i trying to keep the board alive and will continue to post here every week untill an acceptable number of people post here, after all we are a CITY! :D

Yes, We are a City :D . Not a town :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

im kilkenny , living in waterford but yea from kilkenny , got me jersey to prove it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

I'm from Kilkenny too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Kaboogie

I am also from County Kilkenny, and it is a grand place.
    Looking forward to some new topics here. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Freeshack

hey, im from kilkenny too

but i dont have a jersey :(

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

i HAD a jersey but i kinda washed it at the wrong temperature and now i have red stripes as well wooo!!! But never fear i will have another one by the time we play the banner. Go on the katz. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Kilkenny too
    but the idea of me having a jersey !!! laughable
    And James Stephens celebrating their win last night behind me house with fireworks and all
    pity the club its is the most clichey crowd I ever met, any time I was there (for a birthday party etc, or a quiet pint with a mate) the stares from the GAA members (I swear it wasn't what I was wearing/what I was doing (for once)

I was suprised Kilkenny folk didn't make their present more felt on boards

BUt I live a sad life where such concerns play endlessly on my mind
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

And James Stephens celebrating their win last night behind me house with fireworks and all

I heard them as well, kept going untill nearly half 12 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vivirl

Is that the grounds where they used to hold the "No Name" Club discos a few years ago?? Or is that the O' Loughlin geals grounds?
    Always that the 2 clubs mixed up!

O Loughlins was the No Name place
    not that I ever went

though I was in a thing called CLC , think prominent in CBS/ The Pres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Ah poor kilkenny people hope you all dont feel too bad when Clare whoop yer ass's in the hurling.Dont worry Im sure its just that yer just good at other things :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

deek wrote:
    Ah poor kilkenny people hope you all dont feel too bad when Clare whoop yer ass's in the hurling.Dont worry Im sure its just that yer just good at other things :D
    sure someone had to leave clare win for once , :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

not that I ever went

though I was in a thing called CLC , think prominent in CBS/ The Pres

The no-name club. Ah the memories :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

the no-name club is dreadful!!! im a james stephens girl myself.grew up in the shadow of the clubhouse...well not literally!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

I grew up on both sides. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

not that I ever went
    I was one of the organisers of the No Name Club, in 5th or 6th yr... forget now! heh was a bit of a laugh.

Born and raised in Kilkenny, currently reeking havok in Duberlan

what school you go to Azezil?

When I was in the CBS all the noice people seemed to go to No Name. a class mates dad had started it up.
    but as now, even then my life was that of a recluse.

My little sister went a few times I think, but really can't imagine her there with out laughing .

First time I had a drink was when i went to college, one night went to the local (weirdly had to ask for money off my guardian, was living under "vows" hehe) in the pub asked what i wnted - heheh i didn't know.
    then realised we were allowed stay back late there. vast quantities of vodka consumed :) I am truly even stranger when drunk.

I guess the good thing (if a good thing) was the reluctance to drink cos of my father's addiction was broken

oops I've wandered off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭moggie

ah

the no name .....christ that takes me back

and as for o'loughlins.....I saw the four of us, something happens, and status quo there

not all in the same night

and the 'quo was just for a laugh

and it was a long, long, time ago :o

mick_irl wrote:
    what school you go to Azezil?
    St Kierans College... no I didn't play hurling :P

Kierans, where the country boys met the Loughboy hardmen!!! u should check out what has been said about the kierans teachers on ratemyteachers.ie

azezil wrote:
    St Kierans College... no I didn't play hurling :P

going by your profile i recokon you were there about 4 years behind me. So you may know one of my brothers. Didn't we all look very fetching in our grey and black uniforms!

And no, I didnt play hurling either. But it was a great excuse for a day off to go watch them play in a game!

i happen to find the kierans uniform quite fetching!!!

I don't know if i should be scared by that statement or laughing!

when i was in school i fancied a lad in kierans so whenever i saw the uniform it used to make my heart flutter!!!

lol
    Well I faniced a guy in Keirans too, but didn't make me like the uniform!

as uniforms go it aint the worst of em-i suppose i didnt have to wear it, but it beats the tech and kilkenny college hands down

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I had a look at the ratemyteachers site and after the initial shock of how many more reviews there was than the first time I looked at it (I guess all that complaining about it by the teachers gave it plenty of publicity :) ) I was a bit surprised to see some of those names still there. On balance the reviews seemed positive I thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement