Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Servicing car with Main Dealer?

Options
  • 13-03-2005 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some thoughts on having the car serviced with the main dealer even though the warranty is up. Is it worth my while ? I own a VW Bora TDi. I've got just over 50000 miles on the clock. I've always had it serviced by VW until last week when I arrived at my VW dealer to find they had made an arse of the booking. Should I just give it around to the local mechanic or book it in with another VW dealer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

I'd still have it serviced with them. A full VW service history will make a difference if you sell it privately. I had my car serviced with a local boyo and I'm convinced he did nothing except change the oil. Nver again. Main dealer all the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

yes if u dont know much about cars i would stick with a main dealer. otherwise i do all the servicing etc, but when say breaks need doing itd have quikfit do em, though i would change break fluid myself.

also expect a fairly big bill of 350-400 for the timing belt at 60000 miles. im not sure dealer service history affects resale values, whats more important is proof of proper maintainence like recipts for oils and filters, tyres, nct receipts and reports,timing belt receipts etc etc, and an engineers report really sells them.

just to show dealer history doesnt matter a friend of mine wanted to trade his 1999 bmw 318i saloon into maxwells in blackrock against a new used one, bear in mind his car has a full bmw dealer history from new, yer man just asked him how many miles and he said 62000, maxwells said they werent interested, the miles were too high. they only take 50000milers or less for trade ins........so bmw main dealer history=waste of time even in bmw main dealer..........

Advertisement