Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint

Options
  • 13-03-2005 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm renting a house for a year in college. One dark night, many moons ago, one of my friends came into the house, sprayed the word "gay" into the wall with deodorant, and set fire to it. It's now burned into the wall, and can't be washed off. As my landlady is a lovely little old woman, I would not like to sully her eyes with such a ruined wall, and also I wouldn't get my deposit back. So I was wondering, any solutions anyone? Is there anywhere I can buy paint to a specific shade? Or does the solution require painting the whole room?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Well there is two ways to rid the mark on the wall.I suspect if you just paint over it with emulsion it will come through again.So either brush over the word with either a gloss paint or get a solution called Knotting,knotting will dry very fast(minutes) and will keep the stain from coming back also.If you use knotting just get a very cheap brush as you will be throwing it away afterward.If the word needs filling with polyfilla just skim over it also.

Then just paint that section of wall with same colour as other walls.Its probably a cream colour called Magnolia as this is a landlords favorite colour.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Any reputable paint store should be able to colour match any shade for you. You will need to bring a sample of the shade, with a sliver of paint. Take the sample far from the damaged area, in case of heat damage to the localised paint. You will probably have to paint one wall. If the shade is a near enough match, you should n,t see a noticeable difference between any wall at 90 degrees, due to flip tone and side tone views. Look at an undamaged corner and you will see what I mean, same colour walls look slightly different in colour w, when viewed from different angles.

You will also need to find out if its, a silk vinyl, or plain emulsion paint.

As with all colour matching, try a small area first.

Good luck.

kadman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Adikos

Thank you very much, thats a great help.

Advertisement