Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enterprise reboot, final episode and spoilers

• 13-03-2005 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

A long-time insider reports that the Star Trek: Enterprise finale does indeed focus on
    a holographic simulation
    , and says that there's a rumour that the show's sets and props may be moved to Vancouver, possibly for another season or a new film.

SFX's longtime source Trekspy is out of a job at Paramount after leaking news to the magazine for many years. He said that he was unable to sneak away with any souvenirs from Enterprise, since "they've actually brought in cameras to watch everything...nothing's too small." All set pieces and props are being stored, he said, adding, "There's a rumor that things might go up to Vancouver." He believed that if the right deal was offered, another season might film in Canada.

However, for the time being, "there's no word on a new series", nor on a new Trek film. TrekSpy said that Scott Bakula had given an unhappy speech about how the entertainment business was changing during the series' final days. The insider also said that former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani had visited the set with new Paramount Pictures president Brad Grey.

Asked about speculation that the final episode would work like
    the infamous shower episode on Dallas, which rendered the entire previous season all a dream and therefore not a part of series canon
    , TrekSpy said that he couldn't rule out the possibility that
    all the events of Enterprise might prove to be a holographic simulation watched by Riker and Troi. "Sirtis and Frakes were there,"
    he said. "I didn't see the script, but we shot them against a big green screen, which I guess was meant to be a
    holodeck
    background...so maybe the rumors are true."
    The rumours from trekbbs.com suggest that that only the final episode will be
    a holodeck simulation and not the entire series
    , however with the complete mess B&B made of Enterprise and fiddling with canon, I'd be fairly disappointed if it turned out
    the entire series wasn't a holedeck simulation
    . And what the hell is with setting it on the
    holodeck of the Enterprise-D
    ??? How are they going to make
    Riker and Troi
    look
    10 years younger
    and why not set it on the
    USS Titan
    altogether?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

OFDM wrote:
    The rumours from trekbbs.com suggest that that only the final episode will be
    a holodeck simulation and not the entire series
    , however with the complete mess B&B made of Enterprise and fiddling with canon, I'd be fairly disappointed if it turned out
    the entire series wasn't a holedeck simulation
    . And what the hell is with setting it on the
    holodeck of the Enterprise-D
    ??? How are they going to make
    Riker and Troi
    look
    10 years younger
    and why not set it on the
    USS Titan
    altogether?

tbh so much of enterprise pissed on cannon It would be best to erase it ...Don’t understand why there not showing the titan suppose its to expensive to create new sets and a new cgi model just using stock footage /sets of galaxy class ships would be much cheaper .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I think the real reason they may be storing the sets is for use in the possible Enterprise sequel/TOS-prequel they plan to turn into Star Trek XI.

As for not using the
    USS Titan
    , all they'd need is few pans of a static cgi model, the interior could be all greeen screen because it's
    set on the holodeck

Maybe the Titan is a galaxy class? where is it rummored this final takes place on
    the E-D
    anyway?

bizmark wrote:
    Maybe the Titan is a galaxy class? where is it rummored this final takes place on
    the E-D
    anyway?
    You're the first person out of hundreds I've seen online to think of that. Although the rumours did originate from a guy who had read the script...

Well i cant for the life of me think of any reason to have this episode set
    on the big D instead of the titan or even the Enterprise-E
    /me shrugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I really hope they come up with something more creative than the "Bobby Ewing Shower" scenario. If they're going to kill it, at least let it die a reasonable death!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

The Titan is a Titan class ship, first in her class.

Unless its seen or said on screen it isn’t the first of its class the titan could very well be a nova class with an amusing name

Latest rumour is that the reason why it's set on the
    Enterprise-D
    is that it's a crossover with
    TNG episode "The Pegasus" [Click here for link]
    which was the kick-ass
    episode with the cloaking device that could make a ship pass through solid matter.

Sadly now it looks like there won't be any reboot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

More info here: http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/9996.html
    Throughout the eight days of shooting, Frakes was at various points dressed in a TNG-era uniform; as an NX-01 crewman; as a MACO; and ... as one other person who perhaps should remain a surprise.

..who, who??? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mssmudd

well, maybe ill just buy tv guide magazine next week to see what will happen next, they are going to feature the season finale of the enterprise....let us see what are their plans for the enterprise or what happened..i really dont have any idea why they are going to end the show so soon....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

mssmudd wrote:
    well, maybe ill just buy tv guide magazine next week to see what will happen next, they are going to feature the season finale of the enterprise....let us see what are their plans for the enterprise or what happened..i really dont have any idea why they are going to end the show so soon....

Low ratings basically... it only barely made it to a 4th season

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Low ratings basically... it only barely made it to a 4th season

so sad.. :( ..i can say its a classic show, storyline are good..one thing good to hear is tv guide magazine will pay tribute to the show, how respectful...hope they could extend the show..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    The Titan is a Titan class ship, first in her class.

Last i hear it was a promities ( spelling i know its wrong).
    You know where the DR goes across the alien network arives on a NX and him the EMH V2.0 set of the "Mulit vector attack mode".

Anwya i don't watch enterprise, gave up after about 9 esp... didn't catch me at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Seen as the show is coming to an end I thought I'd induldge myself and download (see my location? nowhere else to see trek here) some episodes from the final season.

I downloaded two, watched one, and won't be watching anymore. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE STEAMING PILE OF TURD!

These were actually supposed to be 'good' episodes aswell - the whole Klingon epidemic two-parter... deplorable imho.

Best thing that could happen is for this entire series to
    be a holodeck simulation
    as rumoured, but I hear that may only effect the last episode, not the whole series. Which makes about as much sense as anyone who feels this show is worth saving.

Trek died with Voyager (the start of it, not the end). This rubbish isn't Trek, it's a joke. Let it go.

End of rant.

whos planning to get tv guide featuring a tribute and collector's items of star trek??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

http://www.tvguide.com/special/startrek/ interview on there with frakes/sirtis, mentions the final episode being linked in with tng's "the pegasus" from season 7.

dw

drrnwbb wrote:
    http://www.tvguide.com/special/startrek/ interview on there with frakes/sirtis, mentions the final episode being linked in with tng's "the pegasus" from season 7.

dw

it was a great site :D..thanks..i enjoyed looking at the sample cover...are they going to release all the four covers???

Advertisement