Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router with Ripwave

• 13-03-2005 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have the ethernet version of the Ripwave modem and I'm trying to hook it up to a wireless router because I don't particularly want to work in the spot in my house where I get the strongest signal. Any ideas on how to do this?
    The wireless router is the same model that Eircom send out with their wireless broadband offering. When I hook it up directly and open the Navini diagnostics application I can see that I have a connection to the modem and the modem is receiving a signal from the network but I can't access the internet, presumably the router is trying to get a network connection from the ADSL port on the router and not the ethernet port connected to the modem.
    I'm not very good with the details about networking so I can't see a way to do this myself but I reckon it's something small.
    Any help would be bleedin fantastic! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

I've worked out how to do this so I'm posting for anyone else who may be trying to do the same thing...

First set the router into bridging mode, follow the instructions at this link then go to configure, advanced, DNS in the router's menu.
    Set the host name to be irishbroadband.ie and the primary DNS to 62.231.32.10 - disconnect your link to the router and re-establish. You should not be able to use the wireless router to access the internet through your Ripwave modem. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

dubstub wrote:
    You should not be able to use the wireless router to access the internet through your Ripwave modem. :D
    That's Great :D

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

oops! :D that should be now, not not. If you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Sure, I knot whaw you mean :cool:

causal
    P.S. yes the above typo is deliberate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

Have my wifi network working like a dream for a few months now ...got a linksys router from Elara..ie (cheaper than peats or komplett )) .... very easy to setup ....find a postion for your ripwave unit which gives you the best singnal .....as you will not be able to use the dia tool over the wifi, only when direct connect to unit .

Setup is straight forward ,,,,there is a web page managment system for the linksys

Best of luck .

• Advertisement
Advertisement