Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thumbnails for attached images?

Options
  • 13-03-2005 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Just wondering if I'm missing something when it comes to uploading images.
    On various other boards I'm familiar with, if an image is 'attached' to a post, it appears as a clickable thumbnail at the end of the post in a box titled 'Attached Thumbnails.'
    On boards.ie, I can't get it to appear any other way than as a clickable icon in a box titled 'Attached Images.'

Am I missing something obvious somewhere, or is this just 'the way it is?'

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

People upload their images to http://imageshack.us/, which provide a thumbnail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Thanks Robert, I'll check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

The image thumbnails can show up in a post (if set to by admin) but this puts a strain on bandwidth and resources of the server, the norm on larger board sites is to just display a link thus keeping everything fast(er)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Thanks god's toy, it would appear that the thumbnail feature isn't set up on these boards.

Ah well, now that Robert has shown me ImageShack, I can do my own thumbnails.

Here's a pic for the sys admins among us-
    stupidusers2qz.th.jpg

Advertisement