Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking the Nokia 6630 from Vodafone !

Options
  • 13-03-2005 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I've my 6630 about 2 months now and I'm using it on GSM. I've decided that I'm going to sell it on, so before I'd go and sell it I'd get it unlocked from Vodafone. I rang them 3 weeks ago and asked them to give me the unlocking code, they said "No problem, you just have to top up you account by €95." I said ok fair enough.

Thinking that it would obviously sell better as an unlocked phone, especially a Nokia 6630. So off I went and bought €100 of credit and put it in the phone, rang them back up "Yes hi I have topped up my phone by the requested amount of €95." they said "Ok great, we'll have your code for you within 5 working days." I said "Grand.".

Two days later I get a text from Vodafone saying "Message from Vodafone. Please contact 1850 20 87 87 regarding you NAC unblocking code.". So I taught great, I rang tham up and they started to give me a load of sh1t like where did you get the phone (wtf) and was it a Nokia 6610 ? I said no it's a Nokia 6630 and they asked me to discribe it rolleyes.gif . So all in anyways they said it would be another two weeks before I would have the code mad.gif .

So the two weeks have passed and I rang them last night, the guy I was talking to said that he works in this section ie giving out the codes, so I said ok great, can I have my code then ? hmmm.... he said, there was a bit of a mix up in the model of phone given, what phone is it again ?... I said 6630.. he said ok where did you buy it ? eek.gif I said wtf are ya talking about, you told me to top up by €95 which I have done to get my code now can I hae my code PLEASE ?

He siad ok I'll have it for you by Tuesday, I said fine and if I don't have my code by then I want a full refund on the credit I bought as I have paid for a service and not got it and I will put a complaint in with Comreg !!!!

He said you'll have it by Tuesday.

mad.gif

I'll keep you posted !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why give them any money at all? www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp
    Unlock it for free! PM it you need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Bond-007 wrote:
    Why give them any money at all? www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp
    Unlock it for free! PM it you need help.
    I don't see the 6630 listed on that website....i take it that it would prob work for another Nokia phone running the Symbian operating system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

fletch wrote:
    I don't see the 6630 listed on that website....i take it that it would prob work for another Nokia phone running the Symbian operating system?
    Should do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

The 6630 uses a new algorithm for it's unlocking codes that has yet to be cracked. There are lots of smart people from various unlocking sites working on the problem, but paying Vodafone for the code is currently the only way that you'll get it. Be prepared to for a long wait though, months rather than weeks. Vodafone will next tell you that they don't have the codes for the 6630 and they have to get them from Nokia. You won't hear back from them for a very long time. A lot of people are in the same boat, but the fact that they told you that if you spent €95 they'd have it unlocked in 5 days is a kick in the teeth. The person who told you this should have know about the problems with unlocking the 6630. They gave you incorrect information that cost you a lot of money. I'd demand the money back if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

@MrPink

Ah yeah if I don't get the code by Tuesday I'm demanding my money back and putting in a complaint in with Comreg against Vodafone.

As for unlocking the 6630 via code, it can't be done by ANY code generator and I should know as I unlock phones in my business.
    You get codes alright for the 6630 but they don't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Forget comwrck, it'll get you nowhere, try filing a small claims court dispute instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

They are saying thats as u can't get that phone on RTG, only on bill pay. Thats why they are asking u about it. No Vodafone agent will sell one unless its a bill pay new connection or upgrade and unless they give u a 3G sim. Topping up your phone shouldn't have anything to do with it, as the phone obviously isn't tied to a RTG sim. If u got someone to upgrade for you, you should have got them to ring up for the code.

Jammer wrote:
    Topping up your phone shouldn't have anything to do with it, as the phone obviously isn't tied to a RTG sim.

Yes but still they asked me to do it ?
    Jammer wrote:
    If u got someone to upgrade for you, you should have got them to ring up for the code.

I got from someone who works in Vodafone.

ps You can use a RTG sim in it no problem.

i used a RTG sim in mine for a while (got my mother to upgrade) but it kept dropping off the network, even though i manualy selected the 2g network. i ended up getting a contract sim when i turned 18 anyway though.

Jammer wrote:
    i used a RTG sim in mine for a while (got my mother to upgrade) but it kept dropping off the network, even though i manualy selected the 2g network. i ended up getting a contract sim when i turned 18 anyway though.

There is a program you can put on to the 6630 that will make a RTG sim work ok.

btw what firmware version is it ? Press *#0000# !

• Advertisement

V2.39.15
    11-11-04
    Rm-1

Jammer wrote:
    V2.39.15
    11-11-04
    Rm-1

Yeah same as mine - 6630_RM-1_dp_v_5.01 is the latest out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

What are you on about Comreg / small claim?? You have no leg to stand on, yes you paid for a service i.e. call credit and you got it! Your lucky if they will give the code to you at all after only 2 months.

What are you on about Comreg / small claim?? You have no leg to stand on, yes you paid for a service i.e. call credit and you got it! Your lucky if they will give the code to you at all after only 2 months.

Well we'll see won't we ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

What are you on about Comreg / small claim?? You have no leg to stand on, yes you paid for a service i.e. call credit and you got it!
    What if he was told by a salesperson in a vodafone shop that he'd get a free ipod with a certain phone, and then after he bought it they wouldn't give him his free ipod? Would he have a leg to stand on then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I think the question is what are you on about? he clearly says vodafone told him if he fulfilled certain criteria (i.e topped up by whatever amount) they will fulfill the service he asked about (ie give him the unlock code.) the fact he got the credit too is incidental. If they dont follow through then the goods (credit) are unfit for the purpose they were sold. I.e he's entitled to a refund.

Just a quick update...

The guy I was talking to from Vodafone just rang me 10/15 mins ago and said everything is in order and I should have my code tomorrow.

BUT I very much doubt it !

:rolleyes:

I would like to eat all my words now as I was given my unlock code about 10 minutes ago, AND yes it worked :D !

It worked first time, "Sim Card Restriction Off" !!!

It's same type on code used to unlock any other Nokia #pw***************+1#

I have an o2 sim in it at the moment and it's working 100% :)

THANKS Vodafone !!! :p

Actually my o2 gsm sim has 3G signal ? :confused::)

LOL i have FULL 3G signal on a GSM sim from 02..... just made a call, not a bother.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

did you try get on the net with the 02 card?

sailorboy wrote:
    did you try get on the net with the 02 card?

Yeah worked A1 ! ;)

I just want to say thanks to a person from Vodafone for his help during this process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

The code calc im using has the 6630 listed but even so can i unlock it eventhough its listed?

I havent a 6630 to test it on so im just wondering?

Barrie wrote:
    The code calc im using has the 6630 listed but even so can i unlock it eventhough its listed?

I havent a 6630 to test it on so im just wondering?

Yeah in most calcs the 6630 is in it, BUT the codes don't work.

When I got the code from Vodafone I tried every combination in my unlocker to get close to the number they gave me but I got no way near it.

The Nokia 6630 is not a DCT 2/3/4, it's suppose to be a new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Yeh must be.You defintly tried the original,v2 etc.Im sure you did.
    What calc have you got anyway random?

Barrie wrote:
    Yeh must be.You defintly tried the original,v2 etc.Im sure you did.
    What calc have you got anyway random?

pm me your e-mail and I'll send it to you not many ppl have it, or if they do have it they don't have this version.

Advertisement