Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macromedia flash... font....

Options
  • 13-03-2005 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I've macromedia flash logo, the font i want to use for it is a font i downloaded on my computer, but it is not on other peoples computers.
    I can select my special font type and it works grand on my computer, but since the font type isnt on other peoples, it selects the default font for the flash logo to appear on their computer.
    Is there a way i can import my special font or something?
    if i try to import into the library it wont accept that type of file...
    any way around it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The One wrote:
    I've macromedia flash logo, the font i want to use for it is a font i downloaded on my computer, but it is not on other peoples computers.
    I can select my special font type and it works grand on my computer, but since the font type isnt on other peoples, it selects the default font for the flash logo to appear on their computer.
    Is there a way i can import my special font or something?
    if i try to import into the library it wont accept that type of file...
    any way around it?
    I don't know a whole lot about flash, but can you not make an image out of the logo, and use that instead of text?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

yeah make an image out of it, i didn't know flash was font dependant, i had though that it converted to a graphic once you do that convert to symbol thing, well thats my new thing learned for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 The One

The text actually moves so making it a image would be quite awkward and hard.
    It's font dependant cuz the font type i specify is in my windows/font folder but won't be on other peoples.
    The only way i think it could work is importing that font file into the flash program, but it won' allow that type of file.
    I guess i'll just use a ugly font instead, thanks anyways ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

In the text properties, change the text from static to dynamic text. Don't associate the text with a variable and the dynamic text field will continue to display what you have typed in it, i.e. your logo text. Then click the 'character' button beside the 'var' text field in the text properties dialogue and embed the necessary characters of the font. Click 'Auto Fill' if you have no further text using this font apart from the logo and you'll then only embed the necessary characters and will doing so will therefore have a minimal effect on your swf filesize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

You might want to take a look at SIFR:
    http://wiki.novemberborn.net/sifr/show/HomePage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 The One

thanks impr0v, i'm surprised someone knew how to do that, quick reply too!
    Thanks for help y'all, got it workin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

i thought swfs had nothing to do with fonts.. they just vectors innit..? ..

Advertisement