Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question of the suitability of the mod of BB

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kaywan

well i still think a pol would shed some light on the subject. In fact why dont ye do one for each forum?

Scared you might loose out on your lil "power trips"?? :rolleyes:
    A poll would be a good idea , the only problem I see is the amount of Mods on this thread alone would make it impossible to get a fair result.. Fair play to dub 45 he's started a lively one here, but it is unfortunatly turning into a them & us situation & we know who has the upper hand..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I can't say that moriarty is the best mod but even I'd have to give him some credit, simply for the fact that he'd actually go through all those posts. While I don't normally support him that thread did look like it was turning into a muppet contest. I think if he eased back on the sarcasm a bit most people wouldn't be bothered by him. Also maybe a new sig instead of "My patience for humanity is dwindling" might help. There should be another mod on that forum though. While I never heard a bad word about chief he doesn't seem to be around often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kaywan

Fobia wrote:
    We could, but what would be the point?

Moderators are picked by the admins, only the admins can de-mod them.

Even if every single general user, moderator, category moderator and subscriber voted to have a mod de-modded it wouldn't make the slightest bit off difference. Only the top 5 can change things around here.

The only 2 events which would result in Moriarty not moderating the broadband forum are A) He quit, or B) The moderators decide to de-mod him.

You don't matter, I don't matter, heck, even Jesus doesn't matter in this situation :)
    Well that says it all--- Its nice to know what Irish Boards think of its users!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

well i still think a pol would shed some light on the subject.
    You'd be surprised how little light Polls actually shed. Apathy reigns amongst most users.
    In fact why dont ye do one for each forum?

Well, mostly because we've gone over this "vote in the mods" thing a couple of times every year for at least the past five years. It's gotten a little boring.
    Not personally, but then, we have a grand total of three disgruntled users, only two of whose posts have been legible.

Just one little thing; I'm really not a stickler for grammar (not everyone is a journalist) but; I'd like if everyone made a big effort and started spelling the word "lose" correctly. It's gone beyond funny at this stage. Even my Chemistry teacher in secondary school spelled it incorrectly.
    Being called a "looser" is just so ironic it makes me weep. I can't even reply to it at this stage.

Oh, and of course I've forgotten out newly born Kaywan, who, even though he has only signed up today is magically aware of the intricacies of boards.ie.

newnicksamecrap.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

damien.m wrote:
    Hmmm, is anyone else picturing Boston in a cheerleader's outfit ?
    No, not after I ripped out my brain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

ecksor wrote:
    You forgot to say "set my people free".

Don't forget the card! :D

setmypeoplefree.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

This post has been deleted.

oh my poor feelings

where is the love?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Now your just being a petty git altough it should really be a .jpg

Ah, now I wasn't aiming to insult you specifically over the spelling, or insult you at all, I was just pointing out that the "loose"/"lose" thing really is silly imo.

Hence why I put it in small text at the end of my post seperate from the other comments.

But I digress...

My last post wasn't aimed at you. Why would you think it was?

If you READ it you can see its aimed at billy the squid for pointing out that Infini's sig is a little bit too large and in .png format.

Now i just think you are a fool. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it CuLT maybe you should revise your sig

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60479

Come to think of it CuLT maybe you should revise your sig
    Heh, and perhaps billy should revise his...
    If you READ it you can see its aimed at billy the squid for pointing out that Infini's sig is a little bit too large and in .png format.
    Why on earth you'd think that I would come to the same conclusion as you from billy's single link is beyond me.
    Though now I believe I had given you too much credit as a poster...

Also, considering you didn't quote anyone it really could have been aimed at either me, Merc or billy. perhaps you should revise your posting technique?
    Now i just think you are a fool. :rolleyes:
    Truly, my world is shaken.

Billy's sig is within the rules < 8 small text lines

Yours on the other hand is not, although to be fair its not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Glad I have elected not to display sigs!

Now, if only I could figure any easy way to not display posts about sigs.

So many posts, so little time!

Not your ornery onager

Billy's sig is within the rules < 8 small text lines

Yours on the other hand is not, although to be fair its not too bad.
    mmm, well I don't like being a taddle tale on sigs when I'm no angel myself, but one of the rules is "you can't have both text and images".

I know those rules inside out, not that there's much to know, but if you take a peek at the Photoshoppage forum (which I mod) you'll see a rather large thread entitled "sig requests" and one of the FAQs contains a guide written by myself on creating sigs that obey the sig rules :)

The extras in my sig are a "public service announcement" if you will.
    Giving people a handy database of the various new Gathering Cards and pointing people to the sig requests thread. (Because I post so frequently it makes more people aware of that aspect of the forum).

Oh and "anime.ie" in the image part of my sig is owned by Cloud (one of boards.ie's admins) and run by himself, myself and Art_Wolf.

I appear to have gone entirely off topic now, apologies to those interested in the actual topic.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

CuLT wrote:
    mmm, well ...........
    I appear to have gone entirely off topic now, apologies to those interested in the actual topic.

If Moriarity was the mod here your post would have been immediately deleted and you would have been banned for at least a week. :)

dub45 wrote:
    If Moriarity was the mod here your post would have been immediately deleted and you would have been banned for at least a week. :)
    And with good reason!

• Advertisement

well if you have a problem with my sig then you might want to have a word with Cloud about his :P

text and images dont annoy me, images that take ages to load however do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Same time next month for another thread in the Moderation Saga, dub45?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

dub45 wrote:
    As per this post I wish to call into question the continuation of Moriarity in the role of moderator in the Broadband forum.
    I had an opinion of that but I've just deleted it before posting so all I'll say is the only thing I know about you is the recent post you've had in Politics that I had to warn you on for being abusive. Hence, well, I'm not going to offer up an opinion as you mightn't like it all that much and I've only a limited basis for offering one.

As for the power-trips raised by whoever, I for one would like to spend some of my free time discussing things with lile-minded individuals, not-so-like-minded individuals and not-at-all-like-minded individuals on the forum I moderate. Instead I get to spend a reasonable proportion of time flinging pine-cones at kids having a hissy fit because they've just crapped themselves again. You think I enjoy that as opposed to simply discussing things with adults? It's the reasonable ones that make me continue to make the effort, not the angry ones who offer nothing to discuss and no discussion to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

well i still think a pol would shed some light on the subject. In fact why dont ye do one for each forum?

Not really, we can edit polls. :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

sceptre wrote:
    I had an opinion of that but I've just deleted it before posting so all I'll say is the only thing I know about you is the recent post you've had in Politics that I had to warn you on for being abusive. ...................discussion to offer.

As far as I can remember I have never posted in Politics and I have certainly never been warned by you or anyone else for being abusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Whinging plebs.

Moriarty may be a tin-pot dictator, but his banana republic is peacful and the general population enjoy a high standard of living.

Sometimes the herd needs to be culled to remove some dangerous mutations, but in the end, they survive the winter due to his Zen-like pruning of the genetic tree.

Enjoy yourself bítches, it's a celebration

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

dub45 wrote:
    As far as I can remember I have never posted in Politics and I have certainly never been warned by you or anyone else for being abusive.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2469319&postcount=376

It was a long time ago though.

Sceptre's Post.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2471154&postcount=379

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

dub45 wrote:

You might have gotten a warning for this perhaps: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2469313

It was ages ago though. Nearly a week at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Mental.

Goldfish.

Capacity.

tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ecksor wrote:
    You might have gotten a warning for this perhaps: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2469313

It was ages ago though. Nearly a week at this stage.

you're getting pipped to posts all over the shop tonight ;)

Ahhh "AFAIR", usually that goes further than a week.

Advertisement