Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question of the suitability of the mod of BB

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

psi wrote:
    you're getting pipped to posts all over the shop tonight ;)

Ahhh "AFAIR", usually that goes further than a week.

I can assure you I did not make that post - even if it is under my signature.
    Must have left myself signed in a cafe somewhere but it was not me.

I have never even looked at that thread before now!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Seems to have turned into a right MOD thread. What forum isnt covered by a mod making some mod sided comment yet? And its been completely off topic for ages.

I'm sorry Moriarty you do do a good job, I didnt understand until now that all the other mods are clowns and your the only one with sense! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

If the people calling Moriarty into question are a fair example of what he has to put up with on a daily basis in Broadband then the man deserves a medal for not having set himself on fire in silent protest.

Seriously lads if you have such a problem with the way things are then I'd suggest you go and start your own forum. If you feel like staying around here then you'll make things a lot easier on yourself if you attempt to see things from the mod/admins point of view. A lot of the rules/actions of mods make a lot of sense when you look at things from a broader prespective.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Seems to have turned into a right MOD thread. What forum isnt covered by a mod making some mod sided comment yet?
    Theatre. And bubbles if that hasn't been deleted.
    I'm sorry Moriarty you do do a good job, I didnt understand until now that all the other mods are clowns and your the only one with sense! :P
    This could well be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Seems to have turned into a right MOD thread. What forum isnt covered by a mod making some mod sided comment yet?

I suppose we could moderate silently but that wouldn't be nearly as affective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Dont always see eye to eye when it comes to debating (if you can call my ramblings that).. but hes a good moderator. Thumbs up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

Why did ye ban k1???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Turlock wrote:
    Why did ye ban k1???
    Probably cause he/she is a muppet.
    I refer you here.
    All the best,
    rkm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Seems to have turned into a right MOD thread. What forum isnt covered by a mod making some mod sided comment yet? And its been completely off topic for ages.

that not true. many mods here do a good job.
    some do less than good jobs, and some go above and beyond the call of duty.

however, what is importnat to remember, is that they were placed in that position by admin. and whether they are considered good or not by you or me or anyone else (becuase, it is all subjective, isnt it), is irrelevant. it is only the admins that matter.

if you have a problem, then i would think a good idea is to put forward a good argument that shows which side is lacking, and maybe a solution as to how you feel that this mod can be helped. on the other hand, saying that someone is crap, and then whingin, is likely to get you ridiculed, and disliked. mostly by other mods and users who know the person in question.
    becuase we all know each other, and we all like each other, and just becuase some newbie comes in flapping about cliques, flapping about the unfairness of it all, and whining that the system does not live up to their expectations, really dont matter a jot.

so if you have some useful critisisms, please lets have them.

if all you want to do is be agressive, point a few fingers, and get into a verbal argument, then be prepared for the sort of responses you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hrmm...i've figured out how to ignore sigs....now how do i ignore the internet as a whole?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

crash_000 wrote:
    hrmm...i've figured out how to ignore sigs....now how do i ignore the internet as a whole?
    See that little blinking box? Stand on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Turlock wrote:
    Why did ye ban k1???

muppet.jpg

That's why! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Mods around here need to cop on and cool the useless bannings a bit most of them are on power trips just like most bouncers in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Sorry buddy, not tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

I have to say im a bit pissed at the mo for getting banned from BB, but
    Moriarty wrote:
    Sorry buddy, not tonight.

made me laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Mods around here need to cop on and cool the useless bannings a bit most of them are on power trips just like most bouncers in ireland

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY BOARDS IS RUN THEN DON'T VIEW IT!

LOL !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

sceptre wrote:
    Quoted from optiplexgx270: What forum isnt covered by a mod making some mod sided comment yet?

Theatre. And bubbles if that hasn't been deleted.

Thanks, sceptre.

I think...!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

amp wrote:

LOL !

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Where would we be without Amp to point out the Irony of it all. Probably getting less sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

amp wrote:

LOL !

images.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

RuggieBear wrote:
    images.jpg
    ....haha, i get jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Fobia wrote:
    Now that would be a great slogan for boards :)

"Boards.ie - agree with Moriarty or **** off!"

Thats a good one, really you should do that for his birthday.

On another note he's not bad at all sure i fell the wrong way with him once over a poll, i apoligsed and he greatly accepted it, mods are there to protect the innocent and to ban the guilty.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Thats a good one, really you should do that for his birthday.

On another note he's not bad at all sure i fell the wrong way with him once over a poll, i apoligsed and he greatly accepted it, mods are there to protect the innocent and to ban the guilty.
    Awesome, you make me feel like a superhero!

apart from the €9.35/hour it's a pretty thankless job. (you get paid more the more forums you mod, the Category mods pull in nearly a grand a week!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

0_o

Re-heh-heeeeally?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Pity.

Boards Plc tbh.

cloud-cola.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

CuLT wrote:

apart from the €9.35/hour it's a pretty thankless job. (you get paid more the more forums you mod, the Category mods pull in nearly a grand a week!)

Thanks Cult, way to give the game away :rolleyes: But in fairness, insuring Aston Martins and paying for "pleasurable company" doesn't pay for itself. :(

CuLT wrote:

Man, you're getting ridden. I'm on double pay for modding at 5am. You really need to start modding on Christmas Day (quadruple pay and a free cracker), Easter (quad pay and a free rabbit dinner) and weekends (treble pay and Regi brings you a free stew every Saturday). Your twopence a week and jam every other day (always jam yesterday and tomorrow, never jam today) salary wouldn't keep me in clover. Stay on boards all this Thursday and you'll get your complimentary snake surprise and shamrock hamper in the post first thing Monday. You know it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

sceptre wrote:
    Stay on boards all this Thursday and you'll get your complimentary snake surprise

Is your snake surprise open to Hosted Mods ;) the concept intrigues me

• Advertisement

steveland? wrote:
    Is your snake surprise open to Hosted Mods ;) the concept intrigues me
    Money's tight in boards-land this year (Cloud wants that ivory back scratcher) so ecksor's just sending a worm and cheese basket to the HMods with no stamps on the parcel.

Advertisement