Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carribean Island Hopping

• 13-03-2005 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Folks

Is there anybody out there who has been or know somebody who has been island hopping in the carribean ? I have looked into it a bit and cant seem to find out much joined a yahoo group but noting much there seem that the only info I can find is that flying seems to be the only way not ferries which I would prefer.
    Would also like to keep away from the 2 expensive / exclusive areas rather just get to know the real place..

If any member can pass on any info would be great .... :p

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I did abit of Island Hopping in the Carribean but I was on a cruise,what kind of info are you looking for...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

No tought of that but I kinda want to be free of restrictions rather thta been stuck to too much of a time table but if you can reccomend and islands that were highlighs of your trip would be fantastic !! cheers

I realy injoyed the Caymen Islands,Key West and Cancun Mexico...a place to avoide is Jamaica,but I think what you are doing is a great idea how long will you have to spend..?and how many people will be with you...?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

why avoid jamaica? I've been hopin to go there for years. you have a bad experience???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Jamaica is not the safest place to go to - I'm assuming that's why he said to avoid going there.

• Advertisement

Thats right its not safe...I did not have a bad experience or anything but its just a feeling you get when you are their.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

:confused::confused::confused: Are you able to elaborate anymore? Is it rasta's lookin like they want to kill you?(cos you babylon) is it racism, anti foreigner or just general civil unrest, crime poverty? Were you in trenchtown or kingston by any chance cos they like the Ballymun and Limerick of Jamaica (or so I've heard) :confused::confused::confused:

We were in Ocho Rios which I hear is one of the safest parts of Jamaica.Dont get me wrong the place is lovely and most of the locals are very nice.Its just a feeling you get when you are their,the police are all over the place and I mean every wear...you get the feeling if you strayed of the main street you would be in for some trouble.Alot of the local youths that hang around selling stuff to tourist seem out of it on drugs,and I dont mean a bit of blow.

As I said nothing happend us but well their were 1000s of us out doing shoping,but if you were going alone or in a small group I would think twice.

Advertisement