Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

harchibald for champion hurdle

• 13-03-2005 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on back in front for this... but I'm probably going to 'dutch' a few races and pick 2 winners...

I'm tempted to go for harcibald, he's a god price at about 7/1, he was the favourite and I have a suspicion the "whispers" that sent him out in the market could be to inflate his price

thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

yeah im thinking of going with him, not really a fan of hardy eustace. he has come in though

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=show_type_by_main_market&category=RACING&ev_class_id=23&id=5658

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

7/1 would be tempting, but where can you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

7-1 is too big for Harchibald and it won't be available on tuesday I can assure you. For me it's the race of the week and up to now I've been shouting about Hardy Eustace's chances. I think he'll go off 4-1 or 7-2 and will make the running like last year. I'm gonna be on Hardy but Harchibald is a MASSIVE danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Well I just got 7.8 on betfair... not too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I still strongly fancy Brave Inca for this.

I know it can be said of other horses too but he has been primed for this race alone. I thought his C+D performance in last year's novice hurdle was excellent. I know it wasn't the strongest in-depth field but he won it really well with only War Of Attrition giving him a challenge (who will hopefully have franked the form 40 minutes earlier in the Arkle - I have 20/1 on him, ooh yeah, giggity giggity.)

I have 14s on Brave Inca and I'll be going in on him again on the day. He won't be out of the first three so get on each-way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

That's the one im on Crumbs i think he'll be in the money anyway ;)

A real nice price for Royal Shakespeare also ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Carberry has to pass the turf club medical officer before being cleared to ride tomorrow.

yeah i heard a guy on sky sports tipping royal shakespeare, not sure what to make of it as i dont know much about this horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

im going wit a e/w bet on royal shakespeare
    4 me he will b in the money!
    and trust me on this hardy eustace will
    not win the race this year i had him at 33/1
    last year but not this year.
    the winner 4 me will b harchibald.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭tiedcottage

Yeah, last year they let HE settle the race and Conor O'Dwyer do what he wanted because everybody believed he didn't have the pace and should have been in the Stayers. This year everyone's aware.

What about the massive plunge UK side on Self Defense. Down from 33-1 to 12-1. I mean, I know us Brits like doing the occasional Oliver Twist (clutching at straws), but unless a horse who wasn't good enough to win the last two weaker runs of the champion has metamorphosised into Istabraq or Alderbrook overnight, I can't fathom it.

• Advertisement

first bet of the festival!!!€10 on harchibald got him at at 11-2 in paddypowers this evening, would be a very nice start to the week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He's at 13/2, should i go for him?

it's a tough call, the way things are going royal shakespear will probably win!

7/1, feck it I'm on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Oh I had all three each way and a trio :)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

he IS a bridle horse...

it was like he didn't even TRY

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The whole bookies seemed to be on Harchibald there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

What was Carberry at there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Horse only has 1 gear, and he was in it. In fairness he had very little choice with regards to his overall posiitioning, it was unfortunate that he ended up on Hardy's bridle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Had Harchie €5 E/W so broke a little over even ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

He backed Hardy Eustace ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

***sighs***

Advertisement