Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Day

Options
  • 13-03-2005 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

So, the UCD open day is on Tuesday and Wednesday. I want to kind of take it easy walking around looking at the different things (I've no idea what course I'm interested in) but I'll only go on Tuesday if there's alot incase I wat to go back the next day.

Does anyone know how long it's on for during those days, and if it'd take long to get around to all the different buildings?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Most of the buildings are pretty close together. Commerce, Engineering, Arts, Science, Ag/Food, Vet, Health Sci and Computer Sci are all lumped together(it's a pretty big lump, but it doesn't take too long to get around it).
    Law and Architecture are the only ones that take much of a walk and even then if you have a whole day you can get around to them, though that is 10 different facs/buildings so realistically you'd be better off taking your time, particularly with the ones you may have the most interest in.
    Earslfort Terrace(medicine) is the most hassle to get to, but it's only a 6a ride away from the belfield campus.
    If you want to take it easy, as you say above. you'll need both days if you want to get to all the faculties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I'm going to the open day in UCD on Wednesday, actually. The whole of my year is going (those who are interested, at least!). It should be a good day. I'll be checking out the Health section and possibly Arts. Maybe I'll see some of you there. Watch out for a guy wearing a Manchester United jersey, assuming we're allowed wear whatever we like! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I remember this time last year when I was an innocent sixth year heading out with my entir year out to Belfield. Oh what a day that was. It was windy and absolutely pissing raining so nearly all of us decided to leave after 10 minutes! If you're going out with your school I strongly encourage you to check out as much as you can because I gaurantee you all of them who aren't planning on going to UCD will bail out after 10 minutes so try and not to succumb to peer pressure like I did!

I remember this time last year when I was an innocent sixth year heading out with my entir year out to Belfield. Oh what a day that was. It was windy and absolutely pissing raining so nearly all of us decided to leave after 10 minutes! If you're going out with your school I strongly encourage you to check out as much as you can because I gaurantee you all of them who aren't planning on going to UCD will bail out after 10 minutes so try and not to succumb to peer pressure like I did!

Ah yes, peer pressure... I'll try not to run off with my friends when they go, though I plan to go to Trinity, if possible. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Stay out of the library, some people have exams to study for i.e. me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Sangre wrote:
    Stay out of the library, some people have exams to study for i.e. me.
    I agree about the library. But they shouldn't be able to get in. They don't have the sacred UCD student card. Ah.. walking past LibroCop smugly showing my student card... the two times I've been in the Library... I'm a computer science student, there's nothing for me there.

I vaguely remember going into the library on an open day but this was at the start of the year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Heard as usual that about six people jumped into the lake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Does checking out the hot girls in uniform make me a "bad person"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Was there today by 10. Couple of minutes wandering around, then 2 hours of saying yes, no, yes, yes, no, no as people walked passed (with my mates, not alone).

Also getting random phone numbers from some girls by the lake - somehow they already had the number written, they just came over and gave it to me! Great laugh, don't like the UCD campus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

kasintahan wrote:
    Does checking out the hot girls in uniform make me a "bad person"?
    No, it makes you a single adolescent male. And the girls do it to the guys also. Hint: Wear tight jeans.

Red Alert wrote:
    Heard as usual that about six people jumped into the lake.
    nope, i was there, there was about 10 security guards on the lake alone, nobody was brave/foolish/stupid enough to go for it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i heard it from services so i guess it's probably true. there was apparently a food fight about to take place in the restaurant which never materialised.

No, it makes you a single adolescent male. .

I'm 24 years old!

I think that akes me less "adolescent" and more "perv"!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Makes ya feel old seeing how young the open day visitors look...
    And it's kinda weird seeing people doing their makeup in the toilets in science...

Makes ya feel old seeing how young the open day visitors look...
    And it's kinda weird seeing people doing their makeup in the toilets in science...

They're only a year younger than my current year :D

I'm heading off to today's open day soon. From what I've heard above, it could be very interesting. And yes, I'll stay away from the library. I wouldn't dare interrupt your study. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I went there today and checked out the Arts section mainly. It was hilarious going into the ag science place with the smell of ground and lots of bogger accents! Might go for landscape architecture.

I checked out the Arts building and attended a Social Science lecture, which I later found out had no actual relation to what I want to do! :D A good day was had by all, though. The amount of people there was astonishing! Literally thousands...

No, it makes you a single adolescent male. And the girls do it to the guys also. Hint: Wear tight jeans.

Hint: Works best with Kickers Jumper and baseball cap.

Note: may only attract girls with gold hoop earrings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I got an awful shock, i was in to get some work done, thought the place would be empty, but it was absoloutley leaping, i was very confused until i got into eng and saw a intro lecture timetable...

Advertisement