Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

These sick 'Beatdown' threads!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

whoa! you having a go at me, chucky?

why the insults?

I'm just venturing some opinion...perhaps i'm not so bright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

This post has been deleted.

It is about legal. test my legal arguement then.

Spanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

so once there isnt bleeding its fine?
    No.. as seamas said, the second one is more comical than anything.

Take a look at the first video and then the second video.. there's a big difference between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

basquille wrote:
    And violence like that would probably be lucky to scrape it into an 18's video... no, actually violence like that would get banned if in a movie out there.

it wouldnt be banned :rolleyes: your so naive, you must live a very sheltered live in sligo

its doesnt matter though, this movies dont have to be censored. "if's" arent counted.
    Did that post make sense to anyone else? If's aren't counted?! :confused:

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    whoa! you having a go at me, chucky?

why the insults?

I'm just venturing some opinion...perhaps i'm not so bright :)

i am not having a go, just point how the points you raised are incorrect, or unworkable at the very least.

feel free to try and explain them though, if i have got them wrong.

basquille wrote:
    No.. as seamas said, the second one is more comical than anything.

Take a look at the first video and then the second video.. there's a big difference between them.

i have seen both(the second one is the mamma spalling the kid around yes?)

But how do you distinguish the difference? You can nit-pick each video and say "thats fine", "no thats to violent".

They be allowed or not allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

bounty wrote:
    your so naive, you must live a very sheltered live in silgo
    That's exactly it... "A sheltered live in silgo"? :rolleyes:

basquille wrote:
    Did that post make sense to anyone else? If's aren't counted?! :confused:

What i meant was you can say "if that was in a movie it would be banned". Its not in a movie, so it doesnt come under the same censorship as movies do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

basquille wrote:
    That's exactly it...

yes, your very naive, we all know that from your constant whining about violence :rolleyes:

fine, the american be-headings you mean? Seen them before, will dig up the links myself.

P.S when did i say i will post?

i am not having a go, just point how the points you raised are incorrect, or unworkable at the very least.

feel free to try and explain them though, if i have got them wrong.

i reckon your right about them being unworkable.

still imho they are probably not suitable for general viewing....

My convictions are that if its legal it should be allowed. Those arent the convictions of boards though. I am arguing why i feel they should be allowed. I am not arguing on behalf of boards.ie.

I will decide tomorrow, judging by the reactions from the PC band-wagon in here it wont be pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

RuggieBear wrote:
    ...perhaps i'm not so bright :)
    Don't let him get you down Ruggie.
    He's just jealous of your bodacious sig.

I haven't seen the videos cause i'm in 56k land
    but i'm against mindless violence promoted as
    entertainment.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

What i meant was you can say "if that was in a movie it would be banned". Its not in a movie, so it doesnt come under the same censorship as movies do.

It's great for you that you don't find these sort of things disturbing, I don't find them particularily disturbing either, but that doesn't mean I should go promoting this sort of idea.

Essentially, your argument is flawed in that boards.ie is aimed at a "General" audience, DeVore and the other lads have said so. Somethingawful and many other sites have all the vulgarity you want in bucketloads, I go there if I want to see "disturbing" or "twisted".

rkm wrote:
    Don't let him get you down Ruggie.
    He's just jealous of your bodacious sig.

I haven't seen the videos cause i'm in 56k land
    but i'm against mindless violence promoted as
    entertainment.

lol...take a bit more than some drunken insults to get me down...i'm also in 56k land but i have no desire to watch "real" violence. I see enough of that in town every night.

on the other hand i love entertainment promoting mindless violence such as the die hard films or the last bot scout.... ;)

how is it ill thought out?

I am arguing they should be allowed because they are not illegal. I think the your orgish videos should be allowed aswell.

HOw am i arguing on behalf of boardsie? i am not a mod, or an admin. I thought the point of the feedback forum is to get a view of the running of the website? or have i got it wrong? :confused:

People posted in this thread saying we it should be banned, i posted on why it shouldnt be.

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote:
    It's great for you that you don't find these sort of things disturbing, I don't find them particularily disturbing either, but that doesn't mean I should go promoting this sort of idea.

Essentially, your argument is flawed in that boards.ie is aimed at a "General" audience, DeVore and the other lads have said so. Somethingawful and many other sites have all the vulgarity you want in bucketloads, I go there if I want to see "disturbing" or "twisted".

Its hardly promoting the idea of vioelence is entertaining.

Surely, there are people in the "general" who do want to see this stuff but dont know where to find it? I am sure certain people in the "general" audience dont want to see certain jokes in the humour section but they are allowed.

hardly.

i believe that hash should be legalised, i suppose the fact that i ant buying a few kilo's, setting my stall up on moore street and shouting on how i have loads of hash for sale, makes me a coward aswell?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Its hardly promoting the idea of vioelence is entertaining.

Surely, there are people in the "general" who do want to see this stuff but dont know where to find it? I am sure certain people in the "general" audience dont want to see certain jokes in the humour section but they are allowed.
    Of course there are people in that General bracket who want to see such things, that's the nature of a community such as boards.
    However, it's also true that, socially, a middle ground is almost always achieved, compromises are made etc.

Hence why on the Humour board, to use your example, "dead baby" jokes are disallowed.
    but dont know where to find it?
    Google is the tool of kings :)

CuLT wrote:

Hence why on the Humour board, to use your example, "dead baby" jokes are disallowed.

actually, i'm currently banned from Humour Board for laughing at a variation of one of those jokes.... :confused:

CuLT wrote:
    Of course there are people in that General bracket who want to see such things, that's the nature of a community such as boards.
    However, it's also true that, socially, a middle ground is almost always achieved, compromises are made etc.

Google is the tool of kings :)

Surely to find the middle ground it should be decided amongst the members of boards what that middle ground is? Also the finding of the middle ground is hard, as the thread start said, some videos of a violent nature are fine, others arent.

So where should the middle ground be?

My point is that just because i believe in something does not mean i am going "cement" my point by acting it out.

You seem to think i am a boards.ie spokesperson, and what i say is the rules of baords.

• Advertisement

Spanner for thinking the videos should be allowed?

right...

Advertisement