Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L/c Subjects ??? What Are You Doing

Options
  • 13-03-2005 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

As the title says what you doing next year

Tell me if i have left any thing out.

Thats all i have room for.

What L/C Subjects Are You Doing 10 votes

Business Organisation
    0% 0 votes
    Accounting
    10% 1 vote
    Biology
    20% 2 votes
    Chemistry
    10% 1 vote
    Physics
    0% 0 votes
    History
    20% 2 votes
    Geography
    20% 2 votes
    Art
    10% 1 vote
    Construction Studies, Tech Graph, Woodwork
    0% 0 votes
    Modern Language(s) - French, German, Italian
    0% 0 votes
    Applied Maths
    10% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I'm doing Irish, English, French, Maths, Applied Maths, Physics and Chemistry....I hope, I'll definitely get the applied maths but I messed up completely in the science mock so I might not get good physics/chemistry classes...

Usually when you ask if you've left something out, you've put something in in the first place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The poll should really be multiple choice, if you get me. Since I might be doing a couple of those...
    Anyway, I'm probably going to do the same as Fobia, only Art as well and maybe not Applied Maths if I can't find somewhere to do it, or decide it'd be too much work, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Ahh feck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Woah, dude, Leaving Cert forum there, let's not get ahead of ourselves...

• Advertisement

I would have got back to you sooner but was shoving a spoon up me nose(after hours forum)

Oh the wonderful things the internet has us do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm doing home-ec/economics for LCVP, and I'm also doing French and History. (English/Irish/Maths)

Modern or medieval history?

Ive just got back from a 2 hour talk on how to pick our L/C subject,its obligitary for student eligable do LCVP

The whole talk could have been bronken down to a 15 minute speech. I supose teahers do need the feeling that they rule all and should be listined to when ever they open thier mouth or any other hole.

Our principal recomends (strongly) no persone what ever circumstances should have no employment.We should spend 21 hours outside school hours on school work. We should not work later than 10 and have a least on day off a week with no school work.

He also sent a letter raising question such as

Is your son/daughter Drinking,Smoking,Taking drugs
    Is you child in a serious relationship which is above thier age
    How much money does your child have
    Where do they get it
    Where are they at all times
    Who are thier friends
    Are thier friends suitable

I wonder what kind of up roar wilud insue from us sending a letter like this to each teacher.How its any of the schools business makes me wonder . this just proves that we are in a world of dictatorship

Now think about that.

Rant over, back to sticking spoons in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm doing; Irish, French, English, Maths, Geography, Tech Drawing, Business, Physics & LCVP

I'm surprised, I'm doing more for my JC than I will be for my Leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    I'm surprised, I'm doing more for my JC than I will be for my Leaving!

You mean the other way round? Most people do 8 or 9 subjects for their JC then do 6 or 7 for LC....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smoocher

im doing engl, irish , maths and my options are home ec biology accounting
    Word of advice to anyone who hasnt picked their options yet, hom ec journals are a right pain but if you still like the subject(which i do)and are willing to put in the effort then you'll be ok...but still so much writing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Wait...what's this LCVP talk? I havent been told anything about it yet, just to pick my damn subjects and hand in the form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

I'm doing english, irish, maths, french, physics, chemistry, applied maths and I can only do one more subject and I'm picking between buissness, home ecenomics, accountantcy and biology. I just can't decide. I need help. Any advice people?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

I'm doing english, irish, maths, french, physics, chemistry, applied maths and I can only do one more subject and I'm picking between buissness, home ecenomics, accountantcy and biology. I just can't decide. I need help. Any advice people?
    In my school, we need to have Business Studies for the JC to do Economics or Accounting for the LC. Not for Business tho, it's completely new stuff.
    Home-economics is against Biology :eek:. Aren't those subjects a bit similar (in ways), and therefore shouldn't it be possible to do both?

Anyhow, I'm doing: English, Irish, Maths, French, Technical Drawing, Economics and Physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

have you all already filled in the forms to say what you'll be doing for LC? because we've heard barely anything about it in my school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

I got mine now, and it's due in on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

I haven't got mine yet but we've got the choices, and everyone knows what they're gonna pick. We'll probably just tell someone what we wanna do or fill in a form sometime next week.
    It's different between schools.

The people who aren't doing TY in my school got form type things the other day.
    I'm pretty glad I'm not going straight to fifth year now, actually, I'd have had to pick between accounting, business and history in one case...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 byatch

I'm doing german, history, music and biology. We have to to french anyway so i get confused the whole time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'm doing Biology, History, Geography and French, as well as Irish, English, Maths and Religion.

In my school, they sort the options into blocks and you pick one from each. Loads of people get screwed over by that though...some girls in my class had all their subjects come up in the same block. But mine worked out perfectly..yay.

I get the added advantage of being in TY and knowing my JC results. Sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Fantasy

im doin , history , biology n art. Then all the ones theres no choice on .. irish etc

Advertisement