Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleach

Options
  • 13-03-2005 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

Just started watching this. I've seen the first two episodes and I like it so far, with 19 already out, I'm sure some of you are up to date with it.
    What do you think of it? Is it worth getting?

The last anime I watched was Macross Zero, so this offers a nice change, but if it gets all crappy I'm not gonna bother keeping up with it.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm keeping up with it, currently waiting for episode 22 to air.

It's a brilliant series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Good stuff, didn't realise it was up to 22 already. I hate playing catch up, ah at least by the time I catch up there'll be a few more episodes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

the manga is excellent! if you havent already, definitely check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Yeah, the manga is brilliant. The anime is pretty good too, although one thing that annoys me is whenever Ichigo goes into death god mode, the whole look of the picture is sort of brightened, which is distracting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I'm so lucking forward to the next episode to come out, its getting really good now. And i love the humor in the series.
    I'd like to read the manga, but i don't think that i'll be getting it any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I had been keeping abreast of it in the begining but havnt watched any since ep 14 or so *shrugs*

Yeah manga sounds good :)
    *adds another thing to Things-To-Do*

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

I've only watched as far as episode 6, mainly because the manga is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Bleach is really good, best new anime since naruto imo. It doesnt get crappy at all, in fact i think it gets better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kastraelie

Finished ep 23 today--eagerly await next ep.

Gosh, speaking of Naruto (which I love ) we all just got slammed @ THEM Anime Review.com:

http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=120

This reviewer needs to be burned *picks up pitchfork and torch* WHOS WITH ME!!!

Oh, and eoin5--you sig wins all the sig contests of the world. Got any more piccies? Be sure and share!!! kastraelie@yahoo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Yes its quite a nice pic alright, sadly I dont have any others like it but I'm sure theyre just a google away.
    Yea that reviewer is actually right, there are a lot of trademark characters in naruto but the colours are good I think and the character development is excellent and the current starting music is very good.

• Advertisement

Well I've seen the first 5 episodes so far, and I'm getting hooked. Can't get the episodes fast enough (literally, it's killing me, 17 hours to get each one).
    Story is pretty damn good I must say, and I like the way they are bringing more characters in gradually instead of just throwing them all in at the start. Chad is a bit of a beast. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

just started watchin this over the weekend, up to ep 26. d\ling 27 at the moment. this is brilliant, it has me so hooked *cries a sleep deprived cry*. the second series should be excellent going by ep26 where ichigo starts fighting the death gods. looking forward to him battling the captains :)

Aye, it really is excellent.
    Looks like we're gonna have a long runner here.

I'm under the impression it's pegged in for either 52 or circa 75 episodes.

Personally, I think that if it goes on any longer than 52 it's going to become diluted, I mean, I enjoy Naruto, but I've been watching it for three weeks waiting for two characters (who are standing opposite each other) to get beyond a punch or two in their fight. It's incredibly drawn out.

52 would make sense, in that time I'm sure they could complete their mission.
    I agree, going much further and it'll get a bit silly, nothing at all will happen in the episodes.
    Is the manga still going? How far on is that?

CuLT wrote:
    I've been watching it for three weeks waiting for two characters (who are standing opposite each other) to get beyond a punch or two in their fight. It's incredibly drawn out.

Are you sure your not confised with Dragonball :p ?
    But i know what you mean, i think its starting to happen with this show as well. They're mostly just standing around throwing insults at each other before they finally get down to buisness. Although its only really happened once. As long as it doesn't happen all the time then i think i will be able to keep watching this series.

From what I can gather, the Bleach manga isn't particularily far ahead of the manga, and it doesn't look like it's going to finish up anytime soon.

Kain, yeah, it's certainly not as bad as Dragonball, (though when I was writing that post it certainly came to mind that what I was writing sounded very similar to descriptions of DB I've read :) ) but I was taking into consideration that, because I've been watching it for 130 episodes, I might have developed an attachment which is making me overlook glaring flaws :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

CuLT wrote:
    From what I can gather, the Bleach manga isn't particularily far ahead of the manga

Say what with the who now?

if you are looking for good clean slaughter samurai champloo is probably the best thing going at the moment. most of the fights end with a single blow (except the fights between jin and mugen)

the fights in bleach are becoming drawn out though especially since they have arrived in the soul society. but if it is going to be a 52 episode series there is 13 squad captains to kill in only 25 episodes, so there should be some fairly rapid killings (hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Bleach isn't like that at all. And it will be going on for quite a long time to come. They might take a breather after 52 eps or something like that though, because the anime is catching up with the manga remarkably fast.

A

I don't mind firghts that get a little drawn out, its really just as long as they don't stand around throwing insults at each other for 3 episodes before the actual fight begins that i don't like.

• Advertisement

Episode 28 was a bit meh.
    I may have just felt that way because I'd just watched 6 episodes of Inital D beforehand.

sme wrote:
    Say what with the who now?

if you are looking for good clean slaughter samurai champloo is probably the best thing going at the moment. most of the fights end with a single blow (except the fights between jin and mugen)

the fights in bleach are becoming drawn out though especially since they have arrived in the soul society. but if it is going to be a 52 episode series there is 13 squad captains to kill in only 25 episodes, so there should be some fairly rapid killings (hopefully)
    *CuLT puts brain back in the scrambler and presses "reverse".

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

It's not likely to happen though, I'm reading the manga at the moment, it's on chapter 175 and they're still in soul society. Though expect some surprise twists rather than just, rush in, kill every captain and vice captain, save rukia, and leave :)

Advertisement