Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hostage

• 13-03-2005 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just saw Hostage at the Savoy :D Wow, what a fantastic movie. Bruce Willis was brilliant (as always), full of suspense, action packed, emotional, it had everything. Awesome film!

I highly recommend people going to see it. Gonna get the DVD when it comes out :D

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

... Whereas I won't recommend it. Pretty formulaic, some very weak performances, and some cringe-inducing lines. Willis is passable, although it's a bit of a phone-in performance. Amusing only to see 6FU's Russell act the way you always thought he would...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Aww, that sucks that ya didn't like it! Maybe I'm just a sucker for Bruce Willis movies then :D

By the way, what Nokia model was the phone that the little boy had (his sister's phone) - it's been driving me mad! And the white phone that Bruce was given by the baddies? (Yes, I am insaaane to be going for these obscure details!)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

have to agree with ixoy there. was quite a woeful film. bruce willis did his usual "ordinary guy trapped in extraordinary circumstances" role. this worked well for die hard, but was shoddy in this. the plot is woeful and little explanation about
    why is family is kidnapped, or the people who are behind it.

the character of Mars was very badly played. I think the intention was to give off a "creepy emotionally damaged teenager" but through most of the movie, he looked and spoke as if he had smelt some rotten cheese.

Bad, bad film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

tinkerbell wrote:
    Hey all,

Just saw Hostage at the Savoy :D Wow, what a fantastic movie. Bruce Willis was brilliant (as always), full of suspense, action packed, emotional, it had everything. Awesome film!

I highly recommend people going to see it. Gonna get the DVD when it comes out :D

Got the DVD yesterday in the market

Advertisement