Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete 1st floor

Options
  • 13-03-2005 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭

What are the advantages and disadvantages of a concrete 1st floor in a detached 2 storey house. I am looking at a property that has this type of floor and have been told that it is better for noise insulation and for fire resistance. It appeals to me as I am a home gym enthusiast who is into lifting weights so having a solid 1st floor could come in useful if I want to train upstairs. Anyone have any comments?

thanks
    BrianD3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have always assumed that its alot better but dont really know why...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Sound insulation is probably the most notable advantage. Depending on how it's implemented you can also install underfloor heating upstairs.

As it's much much heavier, you obivously need to have much stronger support for all the extra weight.

Advertisement