Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sennheiser px100

Options
  • 13-03-2005 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

up until last week when a music enthusiast for a friend told me the importance of a good set of earphones
    at first i dismissed the thought
    but after tryin on his set of senheiser px100's i realised, this man is talking a lot of sense!!!
    i rushed down to the shops a picked up a pair for €50
    worth every cent
    wat headphones do ye all use?
    but the beauty of this particular set of headphones is that its not specificly designed for any genre of music, it brings watever song u listen t, to another dimension!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'm in the process of weighing up the pro's and con's of my next set of 'phones. So far the Grado SR80's are looking the most attractive. I've heard they're great for "rock" music, which I listen to alot, but I'm also listening to more and more quieter stuff lately... so I'm trying to take all this into account before splashing the cash.

Opinions appreciated btw :x

(see here for a broad sample of my musical tastes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

ive had the px100's for a while now and agree, they are a quality set of 'phones, worth the money alright, i use them with my ipod and i cant understand people who are willing to spend €400 on a player and nothing on decent set of earphones to listen to the music through, especially seen as the ipod earphones are particularly sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Personally I went for the PX200, they are roughly the same as the 100's except they are closed, so nobody can hear what your listening to when in public, It gives a slightly tighter heavier sound (which I love) they are about €70. worth every penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

ubu wrote:
    ive had the px100's for a while now and agree, they are a quality set of 'phones, worth the money alright, i use them with my ipod and i cant understand people who are willing to spend €400 on a player and nothing on decent set of earphones to listen to the music through, especially seen as the ipod earphones are particularly sh1te.

ya ur rite but for some ppl, its more important to be seen with those fashionable white buds than to listen to tunes on quality h'phones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭romperstomper

hi can ANYONE please tell me where to pick up sennheiser earphones in dublin? i have been looking all over but no look so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Tower Records (Wicklow St), Peats (Parnell St.), HMV (Grafton St.), Virgin Megastores (Dundrum Shopping Centre), Xtravision (various locations).

Plenty of options, and no real need to bump a thread that's over a year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭romperstomper

did i break some rule/etiquette that im not aware off?

thanks for the info but why the attitude??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There was no attitude.

Generally bumping of old posts is frowned upon. It's up to Basquille anyway as he mods the forum, but meh no biggie man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Sennheiser MX400's for the road.
    And a set of Panasonic clamps for the home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I have both px100s and px200's and I really like both.

They are cheaper on ebay.

The px200's have pretty good noise cancellation

The px100's have better base

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

sennheiser HD595's

Insanely comfortable with spectacular sound quality, only downsight is the 200 bops they cost me. :o So worth it tho'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I wear sennheiser HD215's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

synchro wrote:
    wat headphones do ye all use?

PX100s are excellent.. picked up a pair in amsterdam duty free for 20 euro a couple of years ago. still working perfectly with a lot of use and abuse over the years.

For home listening I use HD580s with a Musical Fidelity X-Can V2 connected to an Arcam CD72... slightly pricey headphone setup but worth every penny.

Advertisement