Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened all the clubs?

• 13-03-2005 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Folks

I am from Dublin and have just recently moved back after a couples of stints abroad.

Dublin looks great. But where have all the nightclubs gone?

Late bars are ten a penny but if a a bit of damhsa is what you are after where is at?

I didn't think I was gone that long but everywhere I used to go is closed or turned into a funky late bar

Used to love the Kitchen and the Ormond. And just wondering where the good clubs are these days

Not hard to please. Half decent music and no pretentious assholes. That Spirit place is just too big for me. Spent half the night wandering around trying to figure out where I was.

Apart from the old reliable Whelans is there any other good live music spots?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Whereabouts did ya disappear to?

For lists of clubs go here http://www.entertainmentireland.ie/clubs/default.asp and do a search for Dublin... You may be pleasantly surprised ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Maximo

You mentioned the Ormond there and memorys came flooding back .
    What a place , you'd never get anywhere like it again .
    As for being any help on finding a good dance spot :confused: .
    I must be getting old Late Bars do me fine now .
    Best of luck in your quest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The Porter House [spelling?] near Capel Street bridge is good. Does live music some nights, and you can lots of foreign beer (and foreign women)there.

Fibbers (top of O'Connell St, and turn right) and Bruxelles (just off Grafton Street) are still around. Whelans near Wexford Street. Eamon Dorans (Temple Bar square).

There are more, but these are only the places I'd goto myself. Of the lot, the Porter House would be for the non-rockers, tho they do some light rock.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Funny to hear the Ormond being mentioned. I was never actually in there but always wondered what it was like. I was a temple of sound regular back then but passed the ormond on the way up to the temple of sound. There always seemed to be a DJ I just couldnt miss on a Saturday night so could never bring myself to try the Ormond! Oh well, will never know now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 qotsaman

crawdaddy is pretty good with a group(beside redbox) has 3 sections, bar/band/night club so meets all tastes. the gaiety is still going which s handy for one of those late nights and if ur in favour of the college students, bondi beach(stillorgan main road/beside ucd) is great for dance and drink prices-although i hate the place cause its full of eegits!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

I agree there are no more clubs left in Dublin. Remember the good 'ol days when you had a choice every weekend - the Apartments, Appelanies, Asylum, Blooms, Sides, Groucho's, System, Temple Theatre, Temple of Sound, Sugar Club, Velvet, Mansion House, Olympic etc. etc. etc. ... the list is endless...... what have we got now - Spirit, Redbox and late bars? Great choice! eh no....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Concentrated

Clubs:
    The Hub, Spirit, Red Box/ The Pod, Traffic, D2, Spi (not really club but looks like a club), Ri Ra, theres also a club downstairs in the Morrison, Crawdaddys, Coyote, Viper room, Club Anabel, The Village....plenty of places to go dancing!!

Advertisement