Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avi's from dvd

• 14-03-2005 1:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Is it possible for the xbox to read avi's(divx's) off a dvd disc with media center? I've had a quick try but it didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Oh, while I'm here. What's the easiest way to play svcd's on the xbox? When I say easiest, I mean that the svcd's are images on my pc at present. Would I have to burn them all onto individual cdr and play them that way? or is there a way to play them from an image, either off the xbox or across the network?

Thanks for you advice in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

It depends on what drive you have in your xbox i have a samsung drive and that seems to read anything throw at it they doen have to be formated in xfat either show jsut try different media maybe -rw's philips and thomson drives seem to like them
    Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If its a media problem then you should try to get hold of some Ritek 4x DVD's that use the G04 dye. I had a problem getting a philips drive to read dvds recently & the Ritek solved everything.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=232748

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

the bulkpaq discs i got in peats last week seam to read very well in older thomson drives. perhaps you can stream the files from a pc instead

Nige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

>>Is it possible for the xbox to read avi's(divx's) off a dvd disc with media >>center? I've had a quick try but it didn't work. Am I doing something >>wrong?

What happened? This should work fine?!?

>>Oh, while I'm here. What's the easiest way to play svcd's on the xbox?

Simple pop the svcd into your pc and have both the pc and the xbox on the network. You can then use ccxgui to allow your xbox to see the contents of your laptop and play em, if u need help with his pm me

Advertisement