Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little controversy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

No. I get rid of scumbags. It's just that simple. Get rid of people who are trying to start fights and rob people. If you do that, the world instantly becomes a better place to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

until your little super-always-right dictatorship runs into trouble deciding who exactly deserves to live by your standards..

does anyone really beileve there's a solution out there to deal with bad people in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I simply think those leeches of society should be eliminated, by whatever means necessary. They just shouldn't exist.
    That guy is probably just bitter bcoz he got mugged or something and tbh they probably saw ya coming mate and laughed all the way home.I mean what do you expect when you say stuff like that bout them?

Anyways what snobs don't seem to realise is that the people who some might call scumbags are really the salt of the earth.I'm not talking about people who go mugging, because they're not, they just do that.People who actually appreciate a euro and do the jobs that others won't are the most down to earth, pleasant and generous people going.I hate to burst all D4 heads bubbles but Doddy isn't going to be around with his bottomless wallet forever!I hate people generalising about the Northside or the West.You could give me the North over the South any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

well, that group who appreciate the euro is just the grey area between muggers and "snobs"..
    good bad and ugly, pretty much...
    hehe, its funny how much generalising 'bout the north and southside you did just there liam...

I'm talking abut actual scum, as I've made plain the whole time, and in which case there's not much deciding to be done in my little dictatorship. It's very easy. And no, I did not get mugged, and never have been. And yeah, people generally see other people coming. It's what eyes do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

...by illegally mugging people...
    It can be legal???
    Liam, not all D4 is like that. Remember Cathlyn, Bob's friend, she's from D4 and is one of teh coolest people...
    About the skags, it's really ignorance you'd want to get rid of. The "scumbags" who have been embodied in this debate who are so irratating, so vulgar, sucha bane to society are the personification of ingnorance. Therefore, eliminating that then you get rid of "the scum" and the "D4's living out of daddy's pockets" without resorting to violence.
    But then again, how do you whipe a human state of mind???

I'm very sure that not all D4 people are like that, I have some good friends from there.I have nothing against sound people, people from D4 or D13 or D8 or wherever can all be very sound no doubt about it.I don't think anyone likes snobs really except other snobs and no-one wants to be mugged either.I was just showing some people on here the flip side of the 'We all hate scumbags and northsiders' argument.

Boston wrote:
    No one gives a fuk what you people think of northsiders, mainly cause you under 18, ha take it. O yea take it.
    Yes, we can only lie in wait until the day we turn 18 when we can inspire as much respect as *you* do...
    Boston wrote:
    Btw I need to by your new moderator,
    Sorry, what??

LiamD wrote:
    I was just showing some people on here the flip side of the 'We all hate scumbags and northsiders' argument.
    Fair enough... You just frased it a teeny bit like that.
    God, can you believe we are the future of this country???? We are the smartest and I can see everyone here getting top positions in anything they do. But, with this amount of hostility it's safe to assume Ireland's gonna continue on it's slide to hell... or Connaught ;):D

I do not hate northsiders. I hate scumbags. It's as simple as that and anyone who stands up for scumbags needs their head examined.

• Advertisement

You just don't know them.Everyone has their days of desperation where they sink to new lows.I know some people may not be sympathetic to junkies but personally I can understand why someone who's going through agony because of withdrawal will doing anything to get drugs.I don't condone it, but I understand it and feel sorry for them that they have to do it.

I do not hate northsiders. I hate scumbags. It's as simple as that and anyone who stands up for scumbags needs their head examined.
    I never said you did. It's not the people, it's what they represent because "skags" aren't the only ones with "scumbag" type qualities.. if you just get rid of skags then there's still half a planet of ignorant people!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Why cant we all just get along?

LiamD wrote:
    You just don't know them.Everyone has their days of desperation where they sink to new lows.I know some people may not be sympathetic to junkies but personally I can understand why someone who's going through agony because of withdrawal will doing anything to get drugs.I don't condone it, but I understand it and feel sorry for them that they have to do it.

you cannot possibly understand that, because you haven't gone through it, and there's a vast difference between someone going out of their mind in agony, desperate for drugs, and a couple of guys wandering down the road, seeing an old person and saying to each other, "you punch him in the back of the head and I'll get his wallet".

No I've never been addicted to drugs, never will be but I have seen first hand what drugs can do to people and believe me it goes much deeper than just someone losing their wallet or their phone.You can't but feel sorry for a junkie crawling the walls in agony because they can't get drugs and in that split second when you actually feel the pain they're going through you can understand why they do anything to get a fix.

And very few people just go down the street robbing people for the laugh.I know it may seem like a lot when you're in town or whatever but really a few groups of troublemakers in the city centre isn't all that much when you think of all the people in Dublin.Seriously, those extreme minority of people are just stupid, robbing people in broad daylight.

LiamD wrote:
    No I've never been addicted to drugs, never will be but I have seen first hand what drugs can do to people and believe me it goes much deeper than just someone losing their wallet or their phone.You can't but feel sorry for a junkie crawling the walls in agony because they can't get drugs and in that split second when you actually feel the pain they're going through you can understand why they do anything to get a fix.
    Did you just justify muggings? Saying its ok to mug people because they are going through torture, and so what if your money is gone because at least its going to buy drugs? :eek: :eek:

Nah I didn't justify it, I just said I could see it from a junkie's point of view, think about it.

Yeah they should wait until it gets dark. :rolleyes: You make my point even stronger. Removing what you yourself say is a tiny minority would make the world a better place.

Why remove them?It's so small just leave it there.What's wrong with you that it bothers you so much???You're obsessed!

If you really want I could tell you who I would like to remove to make the world a better place but I don't want to cross Crash's imaginary line thing.

LiamD wrote:
    Nah I didn't justify it, I just said I could see it from a junkie's point of view, think about it.
    In fairness, it doesnt make any difference why they rob, their assholes for doing it, end of story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

ColHol wrote:
    In fairness, it doesnt make any difference why they rob, their assholes for doing it, end of story.
    That's hardly fair now Holligan, these people have needs! It's not like they went out and took drugs for no good reason then wound up addicted through their own naivety is it?

Liam, you ever been robbed? and not just robbed, mugged? when you are robbed you feel at your most useless and vulnerable, it's a horrifying experience, someone out there has your "thing" which you own/paid for/was given, and they've jsut taken it, just like that, i once saw a guy get his phone stolen when talking on it, some youngfella just came up, grabbed it out of his hand and run, and the man,(about 35), just turned around like a little baby and looked as though he was about to cry. I'm reading a book called "Disclosure" at the moment, and rape is detailed in it, it is described as a "power crime", rape is a show of who has the power, and when you are robbed it is almost the same, you see that you have little or no power, you're drained of confidence,trust and your "power", it's disgusting, so just as you say you can sympathise with someone who "needs" a score, think about the person who's life has just been violated.

Don't even try justifying junkies and muggers. It just doesn't work.

I know mugging can be a horrible thing, but they have the security of knowing they could not have helped it.They are a victim.A junkie knows that only they are to blame for their situation and I don't think they go out mugging to feel power over someone else.Junkies typically feel awful in their situation, worse than the victim of a mugging.Is a mugging victim likely to blame themselves for their situation?No.The junkies do and really what some of them grow through and do to themselves is really really awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Boston wrote:
    No one gives a fuk what you people think of northsiders, mainly cause you under 18, ha take it. O yea take it.

Some of us ARE 18....duh!

LiamD wrote:
    I know mugging can be a horrible thing, but they have the security of knowing they could not have helped it.They are a victim.A junkie knows that only they are to blame for their situation and I don't think they go out mugging to feel power over someone else.Junkies typically feel awful in their situation, worse than the victim of a mugging.Is a mugging victim likely to blame themselves for their situation?No.The junkies do and really what some of them grow through and do to themselves is really really awful.

I know many people who have been mugged, there is no consolation in "knowing" it could not have been prevented by tehm because in every case it could, Be it turn down left one street earlier, not rang home till you were on the bus, whipped out your mp3 player at the wrong time. In fact most people find about 20 tihings they could've done to prevent it. So your theory is crap basically.

A mugging victim isn't going to commit suicide because they got mugged.

LiamD wrote:
    Awww, the poor ****ers, my heart is bleeding for them
    A mugging victim isn't going to commit suicide because they got mugged
    Still doesnt make it alrite, and if a junkie is feeling suicidal, i dont think mugging people for another fix is a good long term solution

LiamD wrote:

what are you basing that on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

LiamD wrote:
    Liam how can you generalise like that? Some people take that sort of thing very badly, and it might well end in suicide. You just don't know.

Advertisement