Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to play...what to play

Options
  • 14-03-2005 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been playing a load of decent games of late but nothing has really sucked me in. Looking for a recommendation. If yea fail in picking me a game I fear I may end up buyin world of warcraft and say goodbye to the next year of my life.

heres what Im playing at the moment

-Republic Commando ( meh )
    -Rome : Total War ( classic but Im getting a lil bored of it at this stage )
    -KOTOR 2 ( not a patch on the first one and Ive lost interest after only a few hours play )
    -Full Spectrum Warrio ( goodish but I cant be arsed playing on )
    -HL 2 ( what a ****ty ending )

any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Brothers in Arms out next week thats about it for SP gaming on my pc Star Wars kept me entertained for a few hours.

Good old ML in WE8I filling passing the time nicely.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Tusky wrote:
    Ive been playing a load of decent games of late but nothing has really sucked me in. Looking for a recommendation. If yea fail in picking me a game I fear I may end up buyin world of warcraft and say goodbye to the next year of my life.

heres what Im playing at the moment

-Republic Commando ( meh )
    -Rome : Total War ( classic but Im getting a lil bored of it at this stage )
    -KOTOR 2 ( not a patch on the first one and Ive lost interest after only a few hours play )
    -HL 2 ( what a ****ty ending )

any ideas?

Joint ops, great online play, large maps and loads of functions........... good alound FPS game!!

Be warned its a MP plyer game not SP mode.................... so hope you got a good BB connection

BTW how can you get bored with HL2 sure all the mods are not released yet? LOADS TO COME !!!! DOD Source ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Drapper wrote:
    BTW how can you get bored with HL2 sure all the mods are not released yet? LOADS TO COME !!!! DOD Source ;-)

You asked me how I can bored with HL2 and then answered the question. There are no mods out yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Tusky wrote:
    You asked me how I can bored with HL2 and then answered the question. There are no mods out yet...

the multiplay HL2 Deathmatch ect? Dont like it?

Drapper wrote:
    the multiplay HL2 Deathmatch ect? Dont like it?

Yeah its good enough but wouldnt keep my attention for very long.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you haven't got it yet it's out here on Friday. Resident Evil 4 is absolutely brilliant. Just beat it yesterday and have to say that if the new Zelda isn't Ocarina of Time quality then it will more than likely be my game of the year. 20 hours of pure quality action gaming. Don't worry if you didn't like the previous games. It plays like a new game and is almost completely action orientated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Got an xbox? If so, get Fable if you haven't played it yet. Great game.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    If you haven't got it yet it's out here on Friday. Resident Evil 4 is absolutely brilliant. Just beat it yesterday and have to say that if the new Zelda isn't Ocarina of Time quality then it will more than likely be my game of the year. 20 hours of pure quality action gaming. Don't worry if you didn't like the previous games. It plays like a new game and is almost completely action orientated.

I was a big fan of the old games and Im looking foward to this game more than most at the moment. Feel like selling me your copy retro ?
    Stephen wrote:
    Got an xbox? If so, get Fable if you haven't played it yet. Great game.

gc, ps2 and pc only im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Get Battlefield Vietnam. You'll be bored sh|teless in no time. Its not great. Then get Point of Existence. Total Conversion. 964MB download, tho.

Or maybe lugging it out in modern era combat is not your "thing".

Then goto http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bfv/tweakin/mods/ to find one more to your liking.

the_syco wrote:
    Get Battlefield Vietnam. You'll be bored sh|teless in no time. Its not great. Then get Point of Existence. Total Conversion. 964MB download, tho.

Or maybe lugging it out in modern era combat is not your "thing".

Then goto http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bfv/tweakin/mods/ to find one more to your liking.

I have battlefield vietnam, when I tried installing it on my new pc ive been getting some error msg so I gave up, i'll give it another go now though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I like to keep my games, I think Praetorian wants to play it and its one I'll definitely will play again. Trust me when I say it will surprise you how good it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Tusky wrote:

Full Spectrum Wario... haha.. that sounds funny... Ima Gonna Win!

How far did you play into KOTOR 2? It does take a while to get going but there some outstanding moments in there... but.. eh.. a rubbish ending...

I played them out of sequence though. I only got the first KOTOR on friday and I'm playing through it now.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I like to keep my games, I think Praetorian wants to play it and its one I'll definitely will play again. Trust me when I say it will surprise you how good it is.

What if I offered to buy it off you..eh EH ?
    Full Spectrum Wario... haha.. that sounds funny... Ima Gonna Win!

How far did you play into KOTOR 2? It does take a while to get going but there some outstanding moments in there... but.. eh.. a rubbish ending...

I played them out of sequence though. I only got the first KOTOR on friday and I'm playing through it now.

not long at all, a few hours. I stopped just after you get out of jail. I adored the first one but the combat is just tedious after playing through the first one twice...they really needed to add something to spice it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tusky wrote:
    I have battlefield vietnam, when I tried installing it on my new pc ive been getting some error msg so I gave up, i'll give it another go now though.
    Give me the error, and I'll see if I know what went wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Tusky wrote:
    not long at all, a few hours. I stopped just after you get out of jail. I adored the first one but the combat is just tedious after playing through the first one twice...they really needed to add something to spice it up a bit.
    Playing through the first one now I realise they didn't even really bother adding too many new locations. Both Korriban and Dantooine are in it looking pretty much as they do in the first game.

Playing through the first one now I realise they didn't even really bother adding too many new locations. Both Korriban and Dantooine are in it looking pretty much as they do in the first game.

aye - its exactly the same... Its a lazy sequel if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Originally Posted by monkeyfudge
    Playing through the first one now I realise they didn't even really bother adding too many new locations. Both Korriban and Dantooine are in it looking pretty much as they do in the first game

Forget bugs this game has an ant farm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

GET YOURSELF PAPER MARIO 2!!! also resi evil 4 is out friday and viewtiful joe 2 two weeks later but i think it might have been you who had VJ2 already. dunno though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tusky wrote:
    started this yesterday... it turns to crap as soon as you get off the mining colony :(

why the **** did they make a secondary character so ****ing similar to Carth?
    why did they release such a buggy piece of ****? (crashed twice in about as many hours play)

hopefully it'll pick up again once i get off the ****ing stupid city/starport
    evad_lhorg wrote:
    GET YOURSELF PAPER MARIO 2!!! also resi evil 4 is out friday and viewtiful joe 2 two weeks later but i think it might have been you who had VJ2 already. dunno though
    must get myself pm2...
    preordered Resi4 yesterday (and picked up a copy of KOTORII while i was at it... i suck at budgeting! :D)
    vj2 is alright... only really worth picking up if you want more of the same (i've been stuck on a stupid switch puzzle for months now, i'd prolly recommend it higher if i'd managed to find a way past it)

Praetorian says good things about KOTOR 2. Says its as good as the first. VJ day in two weeks. Excellent.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Praetorian says good things about KOTOR 2. Says its as good as the first. VJ day in two weeks. Excellent.

Well..its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tusky wrote:
    Well..its not.
    its getting pretty damn good at the moment actually. once you get on terra firma, things start to pick back up.
    i got stuck on Telos for far too long though. and for some reason i was left with only my primary character for the last quest on it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You can get Morrowind fairly cheap, it's infinetly playable.

Infinite game life vs. infinite boredom. **** Mirrorwind.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

as a freind of mine says. they have flight simulators for flying, sim city for running a city and morrowwind is.... a blody rambling simulator. ah i wanna go for a walk now. im gonna play morrowwind.

Advertisement