Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Draw

• 14-03-2005 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

For anyone without a TV, you can watch the draw live here:

FA Cup Draw

I'll juice it up at about 13:20.

(Requires Windows Media Player 9 and broadband - 450kb/s)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

ro2 wrote:
    For anyone without a TV, you can watch the draw live here:

FA Cup Draw

I'll juice it up at about 13:20.

(Requires Windows Media Player 9 and broadband - 450kb/s)

ITs on the tele on BBC1 or BBC2 isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

It's on BBC2 at 13:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Good old SkySports news have it on too, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Utd V Newcastle
    Arsenal v Blackburn

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Wa Hey! Still on for a United-Arsenal Final! Oh please God let it be!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Not a bad draw for Blackburn!
    TBH United were the form team, and I'm sure the other 3 wanted to avoid them.
    Well all the Gooners will underestimate Rovers but i think that it will be good close match.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yes avoided Newcastle and United :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Going to be a tough one for United.

gandalf wrote:
    Yes avoided Newcastle and United :D
    Have to beat one of them if you wanna win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Shoudl pan out to another Utd Vs Arsenal match.

Playing of the only trophy available to them this season.

I expect bloodshed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

excellent, i dont care as long as its a utd arsenal final.

cant be having dodgy teams like newcastle of blackburn getting into europe.
    the embarassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

the embarassment.

At least we weeded out those ponces at Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fix! Fix! Hot Balls, Cold Balls!! Fix!!!!

Looking forward to the Manu V Arse final.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Wan the Blackburn...

I was hoping to get Newcastle ,but as long as it wasnt' Skum united i'm happy enough =).

Well here is hoping for a 1 - 2 result for blackburn =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

While a Man U / Arsenal final would be a better game of football, I hope its Newcastle Vs Blackburn.

It would be nice for one of the big boys not to win it for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

the embarassment.

heheheh Newcastle are still in Europe and ummm the other 2 aint.

kdjac

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Nice draw sets us up for another final.

"I was hoping to get Newcastle ,but as long as it wasnt' Skum united i'm happy enough =)."

Spelling it another way still means a ban I expect? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

Megatron wrote:
    Wan the Blackburn...

I was hoping to get Newcastle ,but as long as it wasnt' Skum united i'm happy enough =).

Well here is hoping for a 1 - 2 result for blackburn =)

I agree, beating Blackburn in the final would be sweeter than beating Arsenal again this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Should I start winding up my mate in Newcastle now or wait for the horror of the draw to set in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Arsenal to beat United in the final. It's written in the stars.

Either that or Shearer scores the winner for Newcastle against Man United, and then does the same against Blackburn in the final. But I prefer to hope for the first one :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

yop wrote:
    Nice draw sets us up for another final.

You do realise it's possible that Newcastle will win? Unlikely I know, but still...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sarcasm lad, sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g'wan the united v arsenal final

(if both teams win their semi finals of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

im happy newcastle didn't draw blackburn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

G'wan Newcatle! I'd really like to see Shearer lift the trophy.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

the embarassment.

Will they not get in anyway seeing as milwall got this season cos Utd got into the champ league? Or does an extra place go in the league.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

It goes to the league Stekelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Extra place goes to the league if, the two teams in the final get a place in Europe. However if say Utd and Newcastle were in the final, and Utd won, newcaslte would get the spot.

I think Utd will win this, and I want to see Shearer's face when he sees Keano walk off the pitch victorious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

United have a good record against Newcastle and it would be a fitting end to the season if its United v. Arsenal after everthing that has happened between the two clubs. But does anyone else think its stupid playing the semis at Cardiff and then playing the final at Cardiff. it think its spoils it alittle bit.

• Advertisement

I agree dewey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

A potential United Arsenal final is nice, which will surely see them battling it out for their only chance of a trophy. Both managers will be gunning to win.

Having said that, looking at it through romantic glasses, Shearers last game seeing him win his only trophy at Newcastle? Could happen. They are a much improved team the last two months.

And Blackburn also have become difficult to beat. It could be anyone! I just hope its not a crap one sided final like its been for the last few years.

Dewey wrote:
    United have a good record against Newcastle and it would be a fitting end to the season if its United v. Arsenal after everthing that has happened between the two clubs. But does anyone else think its stupid playing the semis at Cardiff and then playing the final at Cardiff. it think its spoils it alittle bit.

Hopefully if that's the final it'll be played in good spirit. I'd like to see both managers set a good tone from the start, no constant sniping in the press. I agree it's a stuipd place to have the Semis. As someone posted on another board both sets of fans will have to drive past/near Birmingham to get to Cardiff so why not have the semi in Villa Park?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Was there talk about having next years Semis in cardiff and the final in Wembley?

Brian017 wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Was there talk about having next years Semis in cardiff and the final in Wembley?

Not according to http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050315/4/9ozu.html
    But the Football Association, who are already committed to hosting all semi-finals at Wembley when the new stadium opens in May 2006, have countered by pointing out the announcement over this season's semi-finals was made in September and stating the Millennium Stadium can cater for twice as many fans as Elland Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Dewey wrote:
    . But does anyone else think its stupid playing the semis at Cardiff and then playing the final at Cardiff. it think its spoils it alittle bit.

it gives more fans an opportunity to see the game than would at Villa Park, adds to the atmosphere, builds up the Cup, Cardiff is a better stadium and the FA will make more money out of it.

I've had to travel to Villa PArk to watch a Chelsea v Fulham semi, that made no sense either (particularly when Fulham didn't sell out).

Shame that Man u didnt get Arsenal in the semi, smells iffy ;-)

• Advertisement

Lsat year we got em and it sucked for the final, so I'm happy.
    Just thinking about it, Arsenal might not be back to full strength by the 16th so I'm hapy they got Blackburn rather than Newcaslte in the semi's, as I feel Blackburn have little chance. They should be back to their best by the time of the final so it'll be a great match, might try get over to see that one since its in Cardiff :)

I really would love to see Shearer in the final and lose, just so he is thuoght a lesson, when you've a choice between Utd and Newcaslt to join, pick Utd :)
    A perfect way for him to remember his hatred for United is to see Utd lifting hte trophy in front of him, unfortuantely we'll just have to do it in the semis :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

This United optimism reminds me of something...........of yes the optimism before the Milan games , at least people were right last ti................... :eek: .

Newcastle have won their last 7 games yet it seems to some people that drawing them is guarenteeing a place in the final . Newcastle V Arsenal in the final .

I just really hate Shearer, as does Keano, last time Keano played someone he hated see how the game went :)
    THat said, people weren't this optimistic about Milan, since they are milan and they are newcaslte, we just didn't like people writing us off compeltely.
    Newcastle are in the bottom half, Man Utd are second. I'd be as confident beating NEwcaslte as I would be beating any team besides the other top 3, especially when our cup run has beaten Everton and MIddlesborough, who are considerably better than you :)

Then again, you thought Southampton would beat us last round, so what can ya expect ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Once balckburn dont get through i dont mind. It would be nice to see shearer put one over keane, if not, hopefully Viera will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

PHB wrote:
    I really would love to see Shearer in the final and lose, just so he is thuoght a lesson, when you've a choice between Utd and Newcaslt to join, pick Utd :)
    A perfect way for him to remember his hatred for United is to see Utd lifting hte trophy in front of him, unfortuantely we'll just have to do it in the semis :)
    Thats an extremely arrogant thing to say about your club. Shearer chose Newcastle over United because they are his boyhood heroes. They were also seriously challenging for the league when he signed.

To be honest, Im not sure he would chose any different if he had the same choice again.

• Advertisement

Of course it is, it's my club :)
    Much like you'd say about your club, or at least should say :)

I never liked Shearer after he didn't join because he was so ****ing damm good
    Every time I see him play he reminds me of how bloody annoying it is not having him, and i know how much he hates United, which is fair enough, but i feel the same :)
    Fergie feels the same, hence why he spent 30 million on the next Shearer.

Advertisement