Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concealing cables

Options
  • 14-03-2005 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Just setup TV with Sony surround system. Want to hide various speaker cables. Any ideas on best option, and where I can get the materials needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

There are a large number of options. Depending on the room you can run it under the carpet if you have one. This does nessitate pulling up the carpet in places and fitting it back. It is not as bad as it sounds.

An other option that I used is placing small electrical trunking along the walls this is only about 2cm in height and 1-2 cm in depth. I bought it is B&Q for around €3 a length (10-12 feet)0. It had adhesive on the back so all i had to do was cut it to the right length and stick it to the skirting. I then ran my cabeling through it. You cant really notice the trunking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If you doing this scrap the cable you got with the tv and buy some proper cabling , the thick gold stuff and then stick it under carpet behind skirting or the thing posted above.

Then its there for life unless you move your tv around a lot.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Beats, just wondering - but what Sony surround sound system did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Beats

Laminate floor, so can't conceal so easily. Trunking sounds like good option.

Maxwell- Have an Sony DAV S500 - a few years old, just haven't got around to having place to permanently set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

if it' a laminate floor you may well be able to fish a wire under it, cos laminates generally float...... start at a corner and work your way around......
    I'm gonna put down my wires before I lay my laminate in the sitting room.... make things a bit tidier....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I went with the trunking option too. Everything is well concealed..
    They are also re-sealable (that have an external lip that clicks into place), so you can change or move cables etc. in a pinch.

Advertisement