Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more spam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I chucked them in the bin. I'll really have to figure out how to quickly soft-delete things ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

how about preventing new users from posting urls until 20 posts? or is that impossible

Nothing is impossible. By the way, you'll lose your signature altogether if that hairy back is still there the next time I log on.

Actually, a computer scientist would probably tell you straight away that that is impossible, but you could prevent a lot of abuse quite easily in that way. We tend not to punish newbies for the misdeeds of some spammers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

also there are plenty of registered users with more than 20 posts who have mpre spam than sense when they put their internet trousers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

ecksor wrote:
    Nothing is impossible. By the way, you'll lose your signature altogether if that hairy back is still there the next time I log on.
    I'm blind!

Advertisement