Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to The Chapters!?

Options
  • 14-03-2005 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

[COLOR=Sienna]What the hell has happened to The Chapters? They were tipped by Hotpress for being one of the hottest up and coming bands for 2005 but they seemed to have dissappeared from The scene. There website hasnt been updated since last year and the last gig :confused: I've seen them play was before Xmas. Does any body know what they're up to? Are they planning to release anything soon Or have they split up! Basically where the **** have they gone..Cos i thought they were a fairly decent band...a bit rough around the edges but they certainly had potential.[/COLOR]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

they're recording at the moment i'm pretty sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

yeah, they're taking a month or two out to write and record as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

they're definitely still on the go. was on the piss with one of them a few days ago. well, he was on the piss. i was on the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leelee

Yeah, they are definitely recording at the moment. I used to work with one of the lads, their next gig won't be for a few months as far as i know. Great band, i'd say they'll go a long way! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Damo Rice

thanks for the info guys...Cant wait to see them again!! Have they not been signed yet..I see bands like DIRECTOR and THE MARSHAL STARS have got deals....Why havent THE CHAPTERS been signed..I've seen both of the bands mentioned above and THE CHAPTERS are 10 times better than any of them.. I just dont understand.. There songs are great.. There Lyrics are so bitter(in a good way) but the instrumentation and melodies are so uplifting...I dont know if I want to cry or if I want to jump up and down when I here them live.. They really ****in moved me in Whelans before Xmas and I think they're far too good not to make it big outside Ireland..... There much better than the FRAMES and I don't think they sound like the FRAMES at all. They have more energy as a band than BELLX1 and there sound and songs will last longer than THE THRILLS in the long run... I think if anything they sound like a mixture of U2, WILCO, Randy Newman and DEUS... For me that sounds like a perfect formula for a great band! What do you guys think of them? And do you know when there next gig is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Damo Rice wrote:
    thanks for the info guys...Cant wait to see them again!! Have they not been signed yet..I see bands like DIRECTOR and THE MARSHAL STARS have got deals....Why havent THE CHAPTERS been signed..I've seen both of the bands mentioned above and THE CHAPTERS are 10 times better than any of them..

That'd be commonly known as an opinion. I personally think that Marshal Stars and Director are far better. That's just my opinion though.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Damo Rice

have you ever seen the CHAPTERS live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Yep. Twice. Or maybe three times.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 arthur molloy

i dont think the chapters will make it to the big time they are playing gigs after gig but there fan base is still staying the same "small".
    Ive see them a few times now and it appears that no one is realy going to see them the people that were there seemed to be there for the other acts that were playing.
    Its always good to see irish bands make it and i hope they prove me wrong but as for
    the moment i couldnt see them changing any time soon maybe there up coming album
    will change my opinion.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

depends on your definition of "the big time" I suppose!

They haven't played many gigs at all I would have thought in the grand scheme of things. They had a great buzz going for them with the Arthur Molloy EP jobbummy bob. It'd be easy enough to resurrect that buzz.

To lift them beyond the small fan base you're talking about, they just need the album out and start promoting it a bit... the way Ireland is now, if you don't have something out, people just don't take you seriously. It's gone beyond saturation point with the number of bands out there now... and trying to get a sense of how the bands sound ... is like trying to mop up the Atlantic with half a wet J-Cloth.

Also, having people at your gigs who weren't coming to see you is no bad thing... in fact, it's one of the main reasons why bands give their kidneys to mean men with knives in order to play big Festivals... even though the sound prob won't be great, they'll be given very little sound check time etc... you want to get heard by people outside your family...

Hard to judge how good a band will be upon hearing their first release. I think they're great. They're eager too so it's all in front of them... I think they'll surprise a lot of people... but then you can't tell. They could be amazing and still get nowhere. It's a fickle world. A lickle fickle world.

• Advertisement
Advertisement