Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant find fingerprint

Options
  • 14-03-2005 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

I installed BF1942 on the HDD,i moved it to the network/server at school.When i try to run it it says Could not find fingerprint...?

Wtf!?

BTW,why cant the game install on the network in the first place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Possibly your schools' network is designed to pwn games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Did you add in the registry values also?
    And is it the same OS thats on the schools pcs?
    Also the Installshield info needs to be there also.
    Are you trying to circumvent the copyright protection system by installing on another machine?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Whats reg values,i just moved the whole BF folder into the netowrk,and ...no...doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Again....

Perhaps your school network doesn't allow games?
    (A long shot, but probably true)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

KdjaC wrote:
    Did you add in the registry values also?
    And is it the same OS thats on the schools pcs?
    Also the Installshield info needs to be there also.
    Are you trying to circumvent the copyright protection system by installing on another machine?

kdjac

Definitely needs all this. You can move folders to a network and then to another pc but all the installation data doesnt move and its a pain in the hole getting it to work what with this and that file missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Kids should concentrate on study and not on games while in school...

You would be better off just installing the Multiplayer demo and playing that across the network. You wont have any problems then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Winters wrote:
    Kids should concentrate on study and not on games while in school...

You would be better off just installing the Multiplayer demo and playing that across the network. You wont have any problems then.
    best demo ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Yeh ok.I basically own the network,i built the website and i have Operation flashpoint on it.Any other good MP games/LAN games?

Advertisement