Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical Card Club Rake?

Options
  • 14-03-2005 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Would anyone be able to tell me what the typical rake is on the holdem tables in the card clubs, like the fitz and merrion etc?

I played in a new club there at the weekend in Waterford city, they were taking 8-10% i believe, less i think when the pots were a bit bigger. I am just curious to know if this is the set rate?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

The fitz & merrion charge by the half hour per player so pot size doesn't come into it, although they do take it gradually out of pots, taking more out of bigger ones. I'm sure one of the dealers will post a full explanation of how it works. 8-10% seems a bit high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

€3 per person per half hour. no more, no less.

Much lower than anywhere else i've seen. for instance, in glaway and corkk it's a percentage of the pot, ditto the uk for the most part, although pairs use a system similar to ours except there is no cap on the amount they take per hour.

cheap in our place anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Then of course you have to tip those god damn dealers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I have to eat Johnny. And Play.

online rakes tend to be about 5% up to a maximum. it's generally accepted taht you are raked less online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭baker1

murfie, just a few questions regarding the club in waterford. What was the place like comfortable?safe? etc. What games were being spread while you were there, cash or tournie holdem or omaha. Was there many players there? where the games in general well run ?any help would be greatlu appreciated
    Baker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

I don’t go to many card clubs myself but I have to say the club in Waterford was nice; they are all very friendly with a very nice playing atmosphere.
    On the night I was there, (sat), it was Holdem cash games, min buy in was €15 and max €100 with blinds 50c-€1.

We got started playing about 8.30 and there were two tables going for most of the night. They have I think around 6-7 nice playing tables so they can accommodate a nice number of players. As regards comfort and safety it was fine, they run a strict no drink policy to keep out the undesirables and they provide free tea/coffee and minerals.

As I said it was a cash game on Saturday but they also run tournaments Sundays and Thursdays, €20 plus a reg fee. Blazing Aces was the name of the club. I enjoyed myself anyway even though I was down at the end of the night, oh well cant win them all!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭fixer

cork has a rake of 1 euro for pots over 20, 2 over 50, 5 over 100. max 60 euro/hr per table.

we also have a league for the cash game that takes 1 euro per pot. any player with more than 40 hours playing time qualifies for the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Marq wrote:
    I have to eat Johnny. And Play.

online rakes tend to be about 5% up to a maximum. it's generally accepted taht you are raked less online.

Nonsense, bread and water and a few games of snap.

Advertisement