Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queues?

• 14-03-2005 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Sorry of going a bit off topic , but how long is your usual que when u do log on ?

I'm on Warsong , so it's usualy about 560 - 630 , thats logging on at 7:30 in the evening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Megatron wrote:
    Sorry of going a bit off topic , but how long is your usual que when u do log on ?

I'm on Warsong , so it's usualy about 560 - 630 , thats logging on at 7:30 in the evening

off topic a bit :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Megatron wrote:

The solution is simple.
    Don't join a High Pop server when creating your character.

Terenas = win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Megatron,
    Start a different thread if you want to talk about queues, keep this thread on topic pls.

Split off into new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JohnMcMahon

Bloodscalp is a high pop server but I haven't had any real problem with queues, quite probably cause I tend to play after 10pm.

The longest queue I had was maybe a five minute wait and that was around 8pm a few Sundays ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The good side of wanting to play on an RP server is that the pop is only medium on both of them.

I can see why someone would want to play on a high pop server if they wanted PvP, but I've no sympathy for PvE players in the US joining high pop servers (afaik the european PvE servers aren't over populated?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I tried out Argent Dawn, an RP server. tbh I didnt see ANY rp'ing and it is PvE as well.
    I was very disappointed. Is there a PvP RP server?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

No there isn't, it's purely PvE for RP atm.

You won't see any RP in the starting areas anyways, mostly it's got people acting the idiot and mocking RP'ers.

Most of the RP'ing is in the major cities, or around random campfires throughout the land. It's ok, the RP could be alot better, but WoW isn't a very immersive enviroment for RP imo. The graphics aren't well suited to hard bitten hardcore RPing, not that I dislike them or anything.

That said there is a core of "hardcore" RPers on the server who make life annoying for others, these are the thee's and thou's people who really have very little idea of what RP is about. You come across some real RP nazi's on there. That said most people on it are inclined towards casual RP which is fine, I see some groups who RP alot amoungst themselves but there isn't much between strangers.

Theres more RP then you'd find on a standard server, and it tends to have a higher percentage of mature gamers which is something I look for personally. I find leet speak quite annoying in what is essentially a RP game. The PvP servers cater for too many hardcore Diablo and WC3 players, and Counterstrike players, for my liking. Then again I'm a picky player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm on Deathwing (PvP) and have never had a queue. Long may it last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sarn wrote:
    I'm on Deathwing (PvP) and have never had a queue. Long may it last.

im on deathwing also and was once in a queue of 10 for about 6 seconds :D

• Advertisement

Deathwing aswell. It's listed as High pop now (sometimes) but I hadn't had a to queue once.

Advertisement