Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best of the Metal Gear Solid series??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Meant to ask, does anyone know how the get to the final fight with the Ninja at the end or if Snake can find the antidote for the virus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Are you playing the orginal MGS 1 or Twin Snakes?
    I know for a fact that in the original, he doesn't find an antidote and the Ninja dies by Metal Gear.

The original MSG1. Both are hinted at in codec conversations towards the end.

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mgs 3 is ott and stupid. You cant have a radar but you can have a giant spider like robot and soldiers on flying , jet powered platforms!?

Totally stupid. And the end, fighting the girl, the gay 70's music comes in.... that's as out of place as you could possibly get!

Metal Gear Solid on PSone is by far the best game, MGS2 and MGS3 are good but a little too bizarre in places for me to appreciate them in the same way as MGS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Meant to ask, does anyone know how the get to the final fight with the Ninja at the end or if Snake can find the antidote for the virus?
    I don't think they're in it. I mean the ninja
    seemed to be fairly dead after Metal Gear Rex stood on him
    . And as for an antidote
    my memory is a little hazy, but I thought the end sequence had Snake talking about the fact that he had the virus and could die at anytime, so I'd assume you can't get an antidote in game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you check all the walkthroughs on Gamefaqs you can see that this so called antidote and final fight with the ninja is a load of bull****. Its up there with the FFVII bull**** from years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Peteee wrote:
    And for the record, I cant pick a favourite. MGS had the best gameplay i'd say, but MGS2 has the best cut-scenes (if quantity is taken) whereas MGS3 has THE best cut scene ever, and the gameplay aint half bad either

that would be a thread in itself.

What is your favourite cut scene from the MGS series?

Mine would have to be
    the dam scene in mgs3 when snake jumps to escape from the spetsnaz (sp?) unit, before snakes encounter with the Sorrow

Retr0gamer wrote:
    If you check all the walkthroughs on Gamefaqs you can see that this so called antidote and final fight with the ninja is a load of bull****. Its up there with the FFVII bull**** from years ago.

Told you PullMyFinger.

MGS 3 is my favorite. But I miss Solid Snake. They need to make another one but stick to the future no need to go back in the past. MGS was and is awesome. MGS 2 screwed it up and I know MGS 3 fixed that mistake I just hope that they don't keep going with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Twin Snakes. Aside from the fact that it's the first MGS game I completed (I never got into the original on the PS), it's a brilliant game and has some of the best cutscenes seen in any game.

yea same here those cut scenes were brill, supurb graphics and very lenghty
    reminds me of the cut scenes in re remake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

all those games are crap, rubbish game play and boring cut scenes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Gotta be Metal Gear Solid1.
    I actually remember vividly the first time I played it, on my mate's Playstation. He'd brought it round to my house just for the afternoon, but I ended up keepin it for the next week or so!!! He was not impressed!

MGS2 was good in parts, but that Raiden nonsence f**ked things up royal -too much of a whiny, dumb, pretty-boy b0ll0cks. I did enjoy the storyline, even if it did kinda go all over the place at times, and the cutscenes were wicked... But gameplay-wise, and storyline-wise, the first was just so so much better.

After beating MGS 3 for the second time. I played MGS 2 again, and I actually understood most of it!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It makes sense up until that 2hr long (or close enough) codec scene before the final boss fight. That conversation is purified and concentrated horse ****.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It makes sense up until that 2hr long (or close enough) codec scene before the final boss fight. That conversation is purified and concentrated horse ****.

Agreed. Practically ruins your enjoyment of the game so much that you almost can't be bothered fightin Solidus at all.

Also, the cutscene afterwards is complete gibberish for the most part as well.

I concur with both of you as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

I prefer the storyline to Metal Gear Solid 1, however because of a decent enought stroyline, graphics and other various improvements I'd pick MGS3. I love the catching your own food and the cure feature, very cool. Although I thought the bosses were a bit easier than previous MGS games. It was a hhuuuggggeeeee disappointment in MGS2 when you realise for the whole game you have to be Raiden.

Playing MGS 2 again only for the 2nd time. I think Raiden got it a bit harsh from fans ;)

Come on PullMyFinger! Do honestly think Raiden measures up to Solid Snake even just a bit? I KNOW he doesn't. When you create a really gay character and place him next to one of the coolest ones, who do you plan on being? I think Raiden got what he deserved, and now he can rot in gaming hell.

• Advertisement

ok ! I take it back :eek:

;)

I see what you mean now Illuvatar, great game that could have been a classic had it stuck with Snake and gave us a story that didnt resemble a bad acid trip. Still very playable however IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

what about Metal gear Acid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Still very playable however IMHO
    Definitely. Despite all it's short-comings, I played it to death.

Crucifix wrote:
    Definitely. Despite all it's short-comings, I played it to death.

Yeah... Funny that, innit? I always loved the music tbh, that was a major plus in a sea of minuses... Harry Gregson Williams is a v good composer, and I really liked the Intro (I know it was mostly just a montage of the cutscenes, but it got me psyched the first time I saw it)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Metal Gear Ac!d sucks like my granny sucks eggs, it stinks, to take a slow paced game and, hey lets slow it down some more (shakes head in disbelief!), but if you are into card based stategy then maybe this is what you are waiting for.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Yeah... Funny that, innit? I always loved the music tbh, that was a major plus in a sea of minuses... Harry Gregson Williams is a v good composer, and I really liked the Intro (I know it was mostly just a montage of the cutscenes, but it got me psyched the first time I saw it)

Harry Gregson williams only did a few of the tracks. the majority were done by one of the excellent in house konami composers. Forgot which one.

Advertisement