Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paladins

• 11-03-2005 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Predje wrote:
    :( i see they havent fixed paladins yet.

i cant believe people are still bitching about paladins
    i play a mage and often beat paladins up to 8 levels higher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Paladins are big cuddly teddy bears, in most of the group PvP I've seen they're completely ignored because they're harmless.

Now shaman on the other hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

tuxy wrote:
    i cant believe people are still bitching about paladins
    i play a mage and often beat paladins up to 8 levels higher
    Should we want mages nerfed then? Doubt it. Paladins are horrible to face with almost any non-healing class, bar mage (in the right hands). Just because you're not seeing the problem, doesnt mean it isnt there. In groups they are pretty much redundant as there is always a better healer, a better damage dealer or a better tank. Solo, they are quite decent.

I have, as yet, to form an opinion on Shamans.

Personally, having rarely seen hurricane in use, it looks like a very powerful spell with very little holding it back from being a broken spell. you're a druid, not a mage, please. No comparsion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ivan wrote:
    Should we want mages nerfed then? Doubt it. Paladins are horrible to face with almost any non-healing class, bar mage (in the right hands).

1on1 battles do not count for much but even so i also used to play a hunter(i dont remember having any heal spells with him) and could also beat paladins 1on1 with that character
    also shadow priests have no problem aginst paladins

as you said pallys are not much good in team battles(which is what realy counts)
    so why countinue to complain about them?

paladins are at best a high armor secondary healer
    whats the problem?

Consider yourself gifted then.

Paladins are very capable in the right hands, as such bad players do tend to gravitate towards the class more so than to other classes.

Have you played the class much, Tuxy? Their DPS is shíte but you cant really argue at invulnerability + Full Heal. Often enough a potion or a stun and bandage is all you need to win, other times it can be alot different.

Ivan wrote:
    Consider yourself gifted then.

Have you played the class much, Tuxy?

i dont consider myself gifted at all, im good at kiteing and thats enough
    paladins are slow and cant hit me, i normaly get hit about 3 times in a dual to paladins
    if 3 hits isnt enough to kill me i will win

i have sheep to start off with that gives me a free shot at the pally where they cant do a thing
    this lets me get in 3 attacks realy frost bolt,fireball and fireblast before the pally reaches me
    i frost nova to stop them up again(the good ones will use blessing of freedom to esacpe here)
    and blink and run around for a few seconds waiting for my spells to cool down
    while i run around the pally has no way of hitting me apart from their stun move on a 1 min cooldown which allows them to hit me once(wow)
    i have cone of cold this does good damage and slows them down also
    at this stage a paladin will normaly be at 1/3 hp and will throw up the invincibliity shield and heal to full
    i might use a bandage at this stage but most times there is no need as i have not been hit yet
    as soon as the shield goes i sheep him and do do the same steps again only this time the pally has no shield to use so they start to heal unshielded
    i cast counter spell which stops them casting heal and silences them for 4 seconds
    i then run around doing instant arcane explosion which finishs him off

thats with the mage, with the hunter it is more difficult but again they cant kill what they cant hit and when they run out of mana due to Viper Sting its all over(before a hunter gets viper sting he will probably lose the fight)

i only played a pally up to level 20 before i was bored to death with them

btw a decend warlock or shadow priest will beat my mage so its all fair :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ivan wrote:
    Just because you're not seeing the problem, doesnt mean it isnt there.

Its not there. Paladins are balanced. They have great survivability and poor dps.
    In groups they are pretty much redundant as there is always a better healer, a better damage dealer or a better tank. Solo, they are quite decent.

Paladins have far more to offer groups than rogues and hunters.
    I have, as yet, to form an opinion on Shamans.

You will, and youll see why whining about pallys pales into insignifigance compared to shamen :)
    Personally, having rarely seen hurricane in use, it looks like a very powerful spell with very little holding it back from being a broken spell. you're a druid, not a mage, please. No comparsion.

Its a broken spell. you NEVER get the full damage from it due to it being centered on a channelling caster while it rings the high threat alarm bells.

ivan give my paladin tactics for mage a go and let me know how you get on
    i havnt seen a paladin within 8 levels above me that can do anything about it
    it could be because i have only fought poor paladins
    but i dont think so, mages dominate pallys

tuxy wrote:
    ivan give my paladin tactics for mage a go and let me know how you get on
    i havnt seen a paladin within 8 levels above me that can do anything about it
    it could be because i have only fought poor paladins
    but i dont think so, mages dominate pallys
    I find it very difficult to disagree with that, slightly incoherent statement.
    Yes, mages do dominate Paladins provided you fight them right.
    I believe I've already said as much as that.
    However, having fought paladins as other classes, I cant really say the same.
    One class beating another, does not balance, make.

Ivan wrote:
    Yes, mages do dominate Paladins provided you fight them right.
    well ya but there is realy only 2 ways to try to fight paladins as a mage
    stand there like a fool or kite them where its impossible for them to hit you
    with the second option there how can a mage lose?
    Ivan wrote:

you havnt noticed the game is rock,paper,scissors when it comes to different classes?

blizzard are trying to balance for large scale battle's involving all classes and infact 1on1 fights between different classes are deliberately unfair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Ivan wrote:

While that is true, every class played well can beat a paladin(though some, like a warrior, require badass equipment), they are FAR from overpowered. Infact they could probably use a slight DPS buff.

If you were to go by 1v1 results as to which classes should be nerfed / buffed, Priests/Shaman/Druids would all be way way way above paladins on the "nerf" list and as far as I can see from group PvP only Shaman warrant some slight nerfing or tweaking, along with some of the priests racial spells(and of course undeads Will of GG goes without saying :P).

• Advertisement

Well I guess thats the point then. Blizzard are going for Group PvP balance over Solo PvP balance, presumably in the run up to Battlegrounds.

However some of us prefer solo PvP (or 2vs1) and see it as important too.
    Also it could be said that Solo PvP balance is a nod to Solo PvE balance, an important aspect as well.

Having said all that, I cant deny that the game does seem to be (and rather well, I might add) Rock, Paper, Scissors.

And might I suggest a thread splitting; sorry for dragging things off topic :o

Advertisement