Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Different type of Airbags??

Options
  • 14-03-2005 5:37pm
    Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Just a question to satisify my own curiosity really...

My previous car, a Citroen, had SRS airbags, but my current car, an old model Megane, has SRP airbags; as in I'm going on the little piece of text that they put on the steering wheel and dash on the passenger side where the airbags actually are...

Could anyone enlighten me as to the difference between SRP and SRS airbags.

Thanks, Spock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Système Renault de Protection (SRP)

Basically the level of inflation of the airbag depends on the impact. After a small crash, the airbag would not be fully inflated

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Is that any different to the two-stage airbags on other makes of car, or is it the same thing?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

unkel wrote:
    Système Renault de Protection (SRP)

Basically the level of inflation of the airbag depends on the impact. After a small crash, the airbag would not be fully inflated

Merci! ;)

Advertisement