Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom press release, 1M -> 4M DSL

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Whoopidy woohoo,ive been years waiting for my area to get any DSL ,got it 3 weeks ago ,im in bloody heaven.
    I also just found out we are due our second child in november :)
    Great bloody day :)
    WTF? Its a bloody Monday too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dcully wrote:
    Whoopidy woohoo,ive been years waiting for my area to get any DSL ,got it 3 weeks ago ,im in bloody heaven.

Congrats

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Me very happy!061[1].gif(Jumping up and down…) WOOHOO!!!banana.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Dcully wrote:

hehe, Congrats Dcully!!!

omg 204kb/s will be awesome!

128 up though, makes it very unbalanced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

:d :d :d Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttt!!!!

• Advertisement

The 1mb will be 256 up only way i can prove that is with this >

upload.JPG

7 months now i have this.
    /my paint skills are legendary

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

its great news for all BB users,

although its a shame the upload is remaining the same, really think 256K would help my lag in Pro Evo on the xbox. Does anyone have confirmation on the upload ?

L33t paintshop ! 256K would be fanastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm not saying that you are not getting 27kB/s but that could just be a glitch in that monitor software.

i have du meter running on isdn64k and it sometimes goes to 12kB/s download which i know is wrong as the max 64k can do theoretically is 8kB/s

Cremo wrote:
    i'm not saying that you are not getting 27kB/s but that could just be a glitch in that monitor software.

i have du meter running on isdn64k and it sometimes goes to 12kB/s download which i know is wrong as the max 64k can do theoretically is 8kB/s

7 months its been doing that 4 installs of Xp, the coutners on Firefox, IE, and MSN and thats Azereus all show 25+.

Its 27 up 105 down so assume thats where we going officially.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

EsatBT are publicising it now...
    IOL Broadband will be faster than ever on April 4, 2005.
    That’s when Esat BT will upgrade all current and new IOL Broadband and Broadband Plus customers to up to 4x faster download speeds, absolutely free. This upgrade includes customers availing of our free trial offer.
    IOL Broadband download speed will increase from 512k to 1Mb.
    IOL Broadband Plus download speed will increase from 512k to 2Mb.

Enjoy up to 4x the speed, at the same great price.

http://esatbt.com/echannel/res.portal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Any news on Netsource anyone?

ambrose :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

I think i speak for everybody on this forum when i say whoooooooooooooooooooooo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Man this could possibly be the best news i've ever received. I REALLY didnt see this one coming, i thought 1mb at the VERY best, but doubted that would even happen. w00t w00t w00t, GIGGIDY GIGGIDY GI-GI-DY!@!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WellyJ

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Hmm, digiweb won't be doing that (wireless anyways) so i'll be stuck with the same sub-standard connection i always had..

/quietly weeps in the corner as the technology bus indicates, overtakes, and disappears in the horizon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

i'd rather they give 1mb down and 256k up than 2mb down and 128k up. torrents are still going to crawl. how can they offer such fast speeds with adsl tech and not adsl2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

whee i hope we all get it early, im just sitting here poking my downloads with a stick begging them to go past 55kB :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

vishal wrote:
    i'd rather they give 1mb down and 256k up than 2mb down and 128k up. torrents are still going to crawl. how can they offer such fast speeds with adsl tech and not adsl2?

I agree, much less people would be complaining too I think.

Who else is on UTV Clicksilver here? Are we expecting an announcement tomorrow?

Does anyone expect any growing pains come April 8th? I remember at the last upgrade, my downloads speeds couldn't go above 3KB/sec for days...
    I hope this one will be a smooth changeover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

adsl can do up to 8mbit down, vishal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

I agree, much less people would be complaining too I think.

No yhey wouldn't. Blah blah blah 4000000000mbit in japan, blah blah blah 587345834567mbit in france blah blah blah stuck in the bloody stoneage etc, etc. people will always complain. But I'm happy! :D

Anyone know the time-frame of when exchanges are going to be upgraded for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭DecTenToo

plazzTT wrote:
    Who else is on UTV Clicksilver here? Are we expecting an announcement tomorrow?

Based on the lack of response on the newsgroup, I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Any news on Netsource anyone?

ambrose :cool:

If they dont upgrade us there'll be slaps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

DecTenToo wrote:
    Based on the lack of response on the newsgroup, I'm not holding my breath.
    I would'nt read into the lack of response on the newsgroup too much.Its never that busy in there. UTV will have the same offers as the rest. 2megs will be amazing. The news has made going into work tonight at 10 feel not too bad :)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Does anybody have the number to ring to upgrade your service I am on the basic service 512K but so want a 2meg line so time for a call before April me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Very happy 2meg connection cool. But the whole 128k up is a bit stupid. I'd prefer 1024/256 than 2048/128.

Need more upload for playing multiplayers esp if you are sharing the connection.

Still any progress is progress and not on my most optomistic day of the week would I have come home expecting to see an announcement for 2meg connection.

Least it will stop all those bragging about there soopa doopa cable connections :P Of course some of them have faster upload than 128k!

X

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Anyone know the time-frame of when exchanges are going to be upgraded for it?

They have been done in the past 3 months . Go to http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/ and click on Service Announcements

so when will i have 1 mb then? If they've already been upgraded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Before the 8th of April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

great news !!!!!

And "The Afternoon Show" has been commisioned for another season !

What a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

Thank you SmartTelecom...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement