Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do i become a model?

• 14-03-2005 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

im living in waterford and am interested in modeling i am currently working as a podium dancer but there are not enoughhours.MORE MONEY NEEDED!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

You could look up an agencie,arrange a portfolio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

approach an agency. They'll tell you if you've no prospects. But if you're not a boot they'll recommend a portfolio. Which they'll organise and charge you for (these are quite expensive). From there I guess you'd be a model. From there it'd be a question of how good your agency is and how appealing your images are for prospective hirers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

im living in waterford and am interested in modeling i am currently working as a podium dancer but there are not enoughhours.MORE MONEY NEEDED!

want hot cyber?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Tusky wrote:
    want hot cyber?

A/S/L? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Post a pic so we can see ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Not sure about Waterford but I know there's a couple of Modeling agencies in Kilkenny, I forget the specifics right now, I'll get ya more details later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

drop a few stone and lower your IQ and you're half way there..

http://whatswhat.ie/directory.php/Model_Agencies/266/

And there's one in Waterford... :)
    Prima Model Agency Waterford Waterford 26 , Oakley Drive Earls Court 051 853628

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

azezil is the only one posting helpful information

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

post some photos to us , :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

An ex of mine used to be with one in the powerscourt centre when she was younger.. I am not sure if it is still in there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The main one you should try to get into is Assets Models on Leeson street. They have open days every wednesday.

www.assetsmodels.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

An ex of mine used to be with one in the powerscourt centre when she was younger.. I am not sure if it is still in there..

Where is powerscourt centre? :confused:

Mordeth wrote:
    azezil is the only one posting helpful information

*cries*
    I know, I'm scared too... hold me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Visit a big city and you've a better chance of being appoaced by somebody from an agency. I was in Frankfurt and approached in a department store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Visit a big city and you've a better chance of being appoaced by somebody from an agency. I was in Frankfurt and approached in a department store.

My friend got approached in New York in a big mall too.

There's a pretty big agency in Clonmel which isn't too far out of your way, Celtic talent or something

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

what club are you podium dancing in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Funkstard wrote:

There's a pretty big agency in Clonmel which isn't too far out of your way, Celtic talent or something

I used to live in New York, it would happen almost every day, they have scouts everywhere, it doesnt nececarally mean they want you or have a job that you are perfect for. The more people they have on there books the better for them. I did end up doing some modeling though, dont know if I would do it in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Funkstard wrote:

yeah Celtic Talent, apparently they take "anyone"
    Not my words, just what I was told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 joa00001

im twelve 13 in may i have braces and i want to become a modle
    or actress i went to stage school and i dont no were to start xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You and your guardian should talk with your careers guidance teachers for advice on contacting agencies that work with young models/actresses.
    You should also concider joining your school drama club.
    After that I'm stumpped for information.
    However as this thread is so old I'm closing it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement