Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Satelites for the Open and a little news...

Options
  • 14-03-2005 7:50pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There have been two mid week Grand Finals put on the system to accomodate those who couldnt play in a GF on the weekend. So they are on on Wednesday, 8pm this week and Wednesday next week.
    $36 rebuy.
    There are the usual feeder satelites going all the time for tickets into these GF's.

Finally, I noted the hand histories not being available (as people had mentioned it on here before). We hope to have hand histories released in Version 20 of the software ie: next release... I'm well aware that no poker site is perfect and PP isnt either but as long as I'm involved we'll be player-focused and driven by player requests as much as possible so keep them coming, we've a rare direct line to God here!

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

we've a rare direct line to God here

I hear there might be a vacancy in that line of work. Do you speak any Italian?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

If you're behind a proxy do you know what has to be added to the config.ini file or is there some other way? Will there be a linux port available?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Skitbra, I'll ask the Operations manager and get back to you. I know a few people had been looking for ports aince I dont think the Wine likes the exe for some reason.

As for proxy's you might find that whoever controls the proxy has probably banned all poker sites as "gambling oriented". I'll ask all the same though.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

"Special $250 MTT Freeze out for Paddy Power Irish Open 2005
    Time: 13th March and 20th March at 21:00 GMT
    Entry: $250+$25
    Prize: 1 Ticket to the Paddy Power Poker Open 2005 (Value 2,150 Euros)"

its a STT then or are PPP taking the P?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll check for you.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

DeVore wrote:
    Skitbra, I'll ask the Operations manager and get back to you. I know a few people had been looking for ports aince I dont think the Wine likes the exe for some reason.

As for proxy's you might find that whoever controls the proxy has probably banned all poker sites as "gambling oriented". I'll ask all the same though.

DeV.

I work in network admin and use a package called websense to block the gambling site. There's no way for the end users to get around it. :D

Skitbra, the proxy question has been forwarded to Tribeca, I'll dig further for an answer to the Linux question.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

There's no way for the end users to get around it.

There's always a way.

Ok, the linux question has also been forwarded directly to the Tribeca developers by the Ops manager in PPP. Soon as we have an answer I'll let you know.

As NickyO'D writes, if the firewall/proxy is setup to STOP you doing this, then you have few options beyond quitting and going pro :)
    If its your home machine or wireless router then you can adjust it to white-list PPP.
    I'll get details for you if I can.

Karl:
    Its a MTT. As the entries increase the number of tickets as prizes increases too... its not limited to 1 ticket and that piece of the site is poorly worded I guess.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

thanks, thought so....i REALLY want a ticket for this, might try the $100 one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement