Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF candidate fails to make statement to Police Ombudsman

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

ressem wrote:
    Nope but there are Provisional Sinn Fein and Provisional IRA, and it just is a coincidence that a split in one coincides in a split in the other?
    OSF/OIRA, PSF/PIRA, RSF/RIRA? .

actually RSF are not connected to rIRA it is cIRA that are alledgedly connected to RSF
    rIRA are alledgedly connected to 32csc

and of course the split in the provos did not give rise to cIRA at the same time as RSF cIRA did not emerge for a number of years

ressem wrote:
    Why do you not give internal PIRA "investigations" and summary "justice" the same contempt as internal british army tribunals where the victims are the NI community.

And as for

Substitute IRA with British Army and you might see why "west brits" like me think that answer is flawed.

the problem of course is that the IRA are a secret organisation so obviously IRA courts martial can not be held in public or be open and transparent thats just a fact

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

jman0 wrote:
    Well that's an interesting question kbannon, I wonder how other police agencies around the world handle instances when they are greeted with a wall of silence. In fact, that's something worth checking out. I'll bet the FBI has had some experience in this, how about the Italian police force and justice system in relation to organised crime...
    Are you suggesting that they will torture you? Anyway, we are not talking about the FBIs practices. I am going to assume that the police investigation over Robert McCartneys murder will be by the book as it is in such a public spotlight. Now, answer my question, "how can they when your mates in SF won't make statements to the police and all the others on the pub are being intimidated by both the offenders and the IRA?"
    The witnesses are still obviously intimidated by the psychopaths responsible for the murder. On the night of the murder they were all locked in the pub whilst the IRA performed a cleanup operation. Somehow two of the nine (that we are currently aware of) SF members present somehow managed to be oblivious to all of this and are not making full statements of events to the police or the police ombudsman. Why not?
    The IRA leadership obviously knows who carried out the murder. Why, after claiming to want peace and justice (kbannon laughs loudly!) do they not force the murderers to go to the police? Why do they not tell all those in the pub to go to the police?
    jman0 wrote:
    I offered a remedy: why don't the PSNI start arresting people alledgedly inside the pub at the time and charge them with conspiracy.
    Whether or not those charges can stick may be beside the point.
    If they did then SF would be slamming them for harassment of innocent republicans* and reminiscing of the days of internment.
    *like they did when people were questioned about the bank job that SF/IRA had nothing to do with!
    jman0 wrote:
    But they won't do this for political reasons, and what that boils down to, is that the PSNI believes politics are more important that getting justice for the McCartney's.
    I would expect this view froma true SF supporter!

Advertisement