Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desperately Seeking Tickets!!

• 14-03-2005 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I am desperately seeking two tickets to the Chemical Bros. on March 16th in the point. Please please please help me out!!! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I am desperately seeking two tickets to the Chemical Bros. on March 16th in the point. Please please please help me out!!! :o

Is it really sold out?try the ticket section,i like the Chems but ive seen them 3 times live and they are crap live honest to God i was very disapointed,love their music though but live they didnt do it for me...... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

More tickets were released through ticketmaster this morning,just seating though i think,but its easy enough to get into the standing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 creamysmooth

how easy is it to get into the stading area with a seating ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm going tonight and I have a quick question.

It says on the tickets that doors open at 6:30. About what time will the Chemical Brothers be onstage at? I don't fancy heading down too early tbh!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

If your still looking for tickets let me know, i may "50%" have 2 available, standing. Selling for face value if not already sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

have one standing ticket for sale, if your interested, pm me

BaZmO* wrote:
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm going tonight and I have a quick question.

It says on the tickets that doors open at 6:30. About what time will the Chemical Brothers be onstage at? I don't fancy heading down too early tbh!

B.

I work behind the bar in the point. The main act doesn't usually come on until 8.30/9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Papa Hoff wrote:
    I work behind the bar in the point. The main act doesn't usually come on until 8.30/9

Thanks for that.

Quick question for you PH as seen as you work behind the bar in the Point.

Why don't they have proper queues at the bars? i.e. roped off corals instead of letting everybody rush the bar like a group of refugees receiving UN food handouts from the back of a truck.

It'd make more sense for the management as they'd sell more beer and as a punter you wouldn't lose half your drink trying to make it through the throngs on your way back from the bar!!!

It's the thing that bugs me the most about the Point.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

jay567 wrote:
    If your still looking for tickets let me know, i may "50%" have 2 available, standing. Selling for face value if not already sold.

Jay567 - I'm looking for one standing ticket. Let me know if you've still got one. I can meet you anywhere after 5pm. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭zafa

jonny68 wrote:
    Is it really sold out?try the ticket section,i like the Chems but ive seen them 3 times live and they are crap live honest to God i was very disapointed,love their music though but live they didnt do it for me...... :confused:

how do you make that out?

its not like theyre a band that can be bad live, all theyre doing is sequencing the loops from the tracks live, theres very little performance in there, so how can you think the cds are great but theyre crap live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

If an act just came out and just played the tracks like they were on the CD it would be crap, Live shows have to shake things up a bit, I have also seen the chems a few times and they are poor live,But I once seen them do a DJ set and it was amazing. I love the chems and listen to the albums quite alot, but they just dont cut it live, Last year I walked from Orbital straight in the Chems and I walked out after 20min, It just showed the difference in the live shows..... But on the upside I did walk out and get to see Massive attack right outside, which blew me away, but in a different way to Orbital......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭zafa

orbital probably do less live than the chemical brothers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

zafa wrote:
    orbital probably do less live than the chemical brothers

i'd doubt that to be honest, i also went from orbital to chems last year and left the chems after about half an hour. orbital completely change some of their songs live, esp. the kinda 'epic' long ones if ya know what i mean eg impact, halcyon. if fact, i remeber orbital did this mental thing with remind last year and fúcked it up the first time, then went back and did it properly, making the entire place even more mental. for me though though the kings of live are underworld. saw them at witness 2 years ago and nearly cacked myself! going to see them in exitfest in serbia this summer

Advertisement