Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stockholm

• 14-03-2005 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone :D

In advance, thank you for reading this and / or replying, tiz much appreciated! Has anyone here been to Stockholm? If so, what's it like? What would you recommend seeing in Stockholm, etc. Just general info, no need for hotels n such, just what the place is like, what to see / do, what not to see, must-sees, etc. Is it nice?

Any info would be very much appreciated :D

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bbcus

I have been to Stockholm, its a great city. Checkout the Wasa museum, Old Town, if you like there is an Irish Pub there also.

Will get some more info for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Cool! Any extra info would be very much appreciated :D

No need for any info on Irish pubs, not really into the pub scene, but anything else would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I used to work there but I can't say I have a great love for the place. There is plenty I admire about Sweden and the Swedes though.

bbcus is absolutely right about the Wasa museum. Don't miss that. And Gamla Stan (Old Town) is very picturesque.

If you are interested in learning something about, say, politics, Scandinavian design, history, social policy, etc., a good place to visit is the Sweden Bookshop. It's like our Government Publications Office and it exists to promote info about Sweden to foreigners. I see from the website that it has moved from where I remember it but it was certainly an interesting spot back then. Sweden had original ideas on lots of subjects and you should be able to find pointers at the bookshop for exploring those ideas in Stockholm.

Hope that doesn't sound too boring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

Is work hard to get in Stockholm? Like what are the chances of going over and finding a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Don't know myself. It wasn't even part of the EU when I went there. I couldn't say what employment prospects are like now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i'm there @ the moment and i can tell you its very cold and snowy

Advertisement