Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance cover for test drive?

Options
  • 14-03-2005 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

What is the story when you are selling a car privately and somebody is interested and asks for a test drive. What insurance cover is required for this to happen for each party?
    Do I have to br present in the car?

Sorry if this has been discussed before.....

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You should ensure that they have the appropriate licence and insurance cover for the car. In terms of insurance this may be open drive. Most comp policies allow you to drive another persons car with 3rd party cover only. This is not sufficient as if the car is totalled then the car is not covered (other people are!) but you are left without a car.
    WRT being present - can I borrow your car - I promise I'll come back...

Advertisement