Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a lady labrador...

• 14-03-2005 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

worthy of my boy!
    I have a beautiful pure bred black labrador, whom I adore and I am pretty desperate to have one of his pups. I contacted the breeder I originally bought him from and I sort of pre - ordered a bitch puppy if he had one, with the agreement that if I did, I would get him neutered(so as not to inter breed)

Well,no bitches, and it was the last litter :mad: Problem is, I don't want any old bitch, I want one of HIS puppies.So I am now on the look out.
    Any pointers would be appreciated - I can supply details on request! I am not interested in being paid any sort of a stud fee, I just want a puppy :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Sorry, but I feel a rant coming on here ...

You love your dog and think he's faboulous and one in a million...well so you should, because he probably is !
    You want more of the same ...his "babies", his clones ...why?? He is what he is, because he is an individual. He can not be reproduced or duplicated. There are many more faboulous dogs out there ...all in their own individual way. Take a walk through one of the rescues / shelters out there and I guarantee you, you will fall in love again with some other dog. Different from yours, but nonetheless lovable for its very own, individual qualities.

Getting "HIS" puppies off someone elses willing (or unwilling) bitch is a stupid thing to do, for the following reasons:

-without proper selection and screening the breeding might go horribly wrong.
    - there is no guarantee whatsoever that "HIS" puppies will be anything like him ...especially not in character.
    - And most importantly of all: YOU are going to take your pick from the litter, walk away with "your" puppy bitch ... and what about the rest of the puppies?? Aren't there enough unwanted ones already?

Please, please think again !

Edited to add:
    If you really are THAT desperate to have one of his puppies, contact your (his) breeder again and explain your situation. Breeders of one breed know each other and they just might know of someone who would like to breed of their dog and who would have a bitch whose bloodlines and health history might be suitable for his. But even if this works ...there is absolutely NO guarantee that you will recognise the resulting puppies as "HIS" ...they might be completely different.
    If you want to do a slightly less egotistic thing ...get a dog from a rescue !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I have to agree 100% with Peasant, and what if there are no bitches in his next litter? Goodness knows labradors are one of the most common breeds in rescues and dog pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Anyone still thinking about breeding, just have a look at this:
    http://www.irishdogs.ie/Breeders/To%20Breed%20or%20Not.htm

Advertisement