Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interpol are supporting coldplay!balls

• 14-03-2005 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

why would they do suhc a thing!coldplay are far to crap for the likes of them!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

It's pretty terrible alright.

BLAME MCD!

This is going to be the second time I've gone to a Coldplay gig for the support. And I'll probably leave before they come on again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

you rebel, what a waste of money.

What exactly would I be rebelling against?

Also explain to me how it's a waste of money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Cause you could stay and boo them on stage and it wouldn't cost you anything.

Ooh! That'd make such a cool post the day after!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I Thought Interpol would play Oxygen, Coldplay are siht!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh would have prefered to see interpol at oxegen but this gives me an chance to see them so i'll probably take it anyway, coldplay are just a bit boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm almost half tempted to go, I really can't afford it. I semi-like Coldplay, saw them at Point two years ago (I think), thought they were good. Then saw them at Witnness and they were the exact same, boring.

I'm just glad I'm going to see Interpol....wait, its next month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I went to Coldplay a few years ago just to see Idlewild, and my attitude towards Coldplay before the gig was pretty negative, but they completely blew me away.

For those who aren't too plussed on Coldplay: go for Interpol. You'll see at least one band you'll like, and might just end up liking them both.

I'd say at most I like 4 Coldplay songs. But not very much. The reason I'd leave before they come on is that it will be much easier to exit Marly park and get home without all the crowds. I'd watch them if they were the support, but it wouldn't really be worth it for me to stay for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

Please, please, a bit of respect for Coldplay. :p

You're all entitled to your own opinions, of course. Interpol are a great band, no doubt. Keep in mind that Coldplay will have new songs to play, though, as they have a new album coming out on June 6th, only a few weeks before the gig.

It will be a good gig, I am guessing.

You only live once, so let's enjoy it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

It's just all sour grapes. If Interpol were any bit nearly as good as Coldplay they'd be doing their own big outdoor shows now. I like Interpol but I'm clever enough to admit they're never gonna be as good as Coldplay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

coldplay fit more into the pop genre at the moment then interpol do hence why they play at a bigger venue. nothing to do with a band being better than another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ya was bagging on oxegen too, fecking mcd are sheisters

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    What exactly would I be rebelling against?

Also explain to me how it's a waste of money...

You are saying you would leave "again" like it's a big swing, i just think it's a waste of money to go and see a support, and while i like interpol coldplays music is better imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I don't even know Interpol's music but I'm going for Coldplay so if Interpol are as good as ye say they are then it'll be a bonus.

Nidge wrote:
    You are saying you would leave "again" like it's a big swing, i just think it's a waste of money to go and see a support, and while i like interpol coldplays music is better imo.
    What the hell is a swing?

Either way, I prefer Interpol. If you prefer Coldplay then fair enough. It's just a case of preference. But if Coldplay were playing support to a band you didn't like, would you not go? If you wouldn't then I guess you just don't like Coldplay as much as I like Interpol... tbh.

And it's a hypothetical question ^^^ Don't bother saying anything like "Coldplay are good enough not to have to play as a support band"...

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    What the hell is a swing?

Either way, I prefer Interpol. If you prefer Coldplay then fair enough. It's just a case of preference. But if Coldplay were playing support to a band you didn't like, would you not go? If you wouldn't then I guess you just don't like Coldplay as much as I like Interpol... tbh.

And it's a hypothetical question ^^^ Don't bother saying anything like "Coldplay are good enough not to have to play as a support band"...

no i genuinely wouldn't go to see them if they were supporting, as the last time they were hear i ddin't bother to see them, some bands are worth €60, and some aren't. As you have said, yes there are certain bands i only like to a degree, i DO really like coldplay, but i'd prefer to see a band that will rock out for that price. Big Swing is an irish term for big deal, are you sure you didn't know what that meant?

Nidge wrote:
    no i genuinely wouldn't go to see them if they were supporting, as the last time they were hear i ddin't bother to see them, some bands are worth €60, and some aren't. As you have said, yes there are certain bands i only like to a degree, i DO really like coldplay, but i'd prefer to see a band that will rock out for that price. Big Swing is an irish term for big deal, are you sure you didn't know what that meant?
    I've never heard the term "Big Swing".

If I had expendable cash I'd go see Interpol support for €60. I've seen Coldplay twice, again would just bore me so I'd probably leave before they came on.

Alright. I've actually never heard that phrase before. Either way, I was saying it in more of a *sigh* kind of way. Like, I'm gonna have to pay for another Coldplay gig? Still though I don't mind that much. I'd consider Interpol well worthy of 60 euro. For me it's not a waste by any stretch of the imagination. Different for everyone I suppose.

• Advertisement

yeah i'd just worry that they'd only play for an hour, interpol that is, but it's gonna be hard to match the last two €60s i have spent on concerts, Phoenix Park: chili peppers and the pixies, and slane chili peppers, foo fighters, and qotsa.

I saw a 40 minute Belle And Sebastian set last year and imo that alone was worth the full two day camping price.

Advertisement