Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin McGuiness Tells McCartney Sisters "careful now"

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

uberwolf wrote:
    it doesn't matter who did it. There are only 4 mods on this forum. Everyone else is a regular user

Be advised not to take this as a precedent. Whilst not familiar with the incident in question I can assure you that anyone linking to material that would itself not be quotable in this forum will be treated as if they had posted it themselves.

Until we have considered the implications fully use that as your guide. If you can't post it or quote it don't link to it.

excellent that seems very fair to me

just for your information here is the journal

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/journal.php?do=view&journalid=1599#Enough!!%20Name%20and%20shame

and here is the post that linked to it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2434806&postcount=11

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Earthman wrote:
    Well they have and I agree with uberwolf and Sceptre,You can consider the matter as having been decided upon.
    I personally dont care whats in anybodies journal if Boards.ie allow it to be in their journal.But under no circumstances am I going to allow a link to a journal in future containing anything considered against the politics charter or charter evasion here.
    It doesnt matter what colour ,hue or political stand point the poster has, my decision will be the same if I see that kind of thing.
    So lemming will be banned for that then? and the post will be edited?

The post has been edited by me just now.
    In future-use the report this post button, you know where it is.

As regards banning-the moderators *will* take appropriate action if theres a re-occurance
    Bear in mind that you drew attention to this issue yourself yesterday and the mods are now taking a view on it.

Now back on topic please, if anybody wishes to discuss this further they can pm me or the other mods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cdebru wrote:
    as has already been discussed mcguiness did not mean it as a threat
    LOL . Of course he meant it as a threat , what else could he mean , was it a Road Safety Week thing in Derry or something ? :)
    cdebru wrote:
    and the mccartney sisters did not take it as one
    The McCartney sisters treated McGuinness' comment with contempt wqhich is not to say they misinterpreted the threat but chose to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'll PM you earthman re this, I don't think he should get away with it just because it wasn't reported, also you might want to speak Devore re this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK closing this thread as its being used as a whinge forum.

The policy going forward has now adapted so linking to journals etc. is out of bound.

THERE WILL BE NO RETROSPECTIVE BANNINGS.

Again if you have a problem with the modding on this forum go to feedback and start a thread. Any more whinges from anyone be they republican, unionist, Sh'ite, Shia, Martian will result in a ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement