Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muse are playin the Trinity ball

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

lol is some kind of feud spilling into here from another thread? i'd too give evilutions left arm to see QOTSA at Trinity ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i'd give evolutions left arm for him to shut up, heck i'd give his right arm too, and any other body parts someone with some duck tape wants........ :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Darth Bobo wrote:
    i'd give evolutions left arm for him to shut up, heck i'd give his right arm too, and any other body parts someone with some duck tape wants........ :p
    Duck tape??? What the fukk is duck tape? You knob.

lol is some kind of feud spilling into here from another thread?

Nah, I'm an equal opportunities type person. Whats good for one is good for the rest.
    i'd too give evilutions left arm to see QOTSA at Trinity ball.

I said my right arm initially. I thought you of all people would know your left from your right, kev.

woops.

i'd give both arms so.

saw ur thing in ur, fair play mentioning judo. i think i said this before i really don't pay any attention to the music in trinity ball. at the last ball, a mate of a mate aparently dropped a very sizeable amount of cocaine down the porta-loo.unhappy camper.

saw ur thing in ur, fair play mentioning judo. i think i said this before i really don't pay any attention to the music in trinity ball. at the last ball, a mate of a mate aparently dropped a very sizeable amount of cocaine down the porta-loo.unhappy camper.
    Yeah, I thought that seeing as the Judo club NEVER get any publicity in the college papers that I'd find a way to mention yiz. What did you think of the articles anyway? I'll be writing for the UR from now on so watch this space.

I might go this year to the ball. I guess its not all about the music but I like some decent tunes to listen to when everyone around me is too flaked out to talk.

yep i'll keep a look out. you also wrote some rant giving out about something. can't remember what. i can't wait for the bal. i did a google for duck tape. and a picture of a cat with something like a cut out lime peel on it's head came up. it's aparently a brand of duct tape or someother insulation type plastic sticky stuff. so many ppl in college today studying. nerds.

yep i'll keep a look out. you also wrote some rant giving out about something. can't remember what. i can't wait for the bal. i did a google for duck tape. and a picture of a cat with something like a cut out lime peel on it's head came up. it's aparently a brand of duct tape or someother insulation type plastic sticky stuff. so many ppl in college today studying. nerds.

Yeah, my main article was about the cut in funding again this year. The Nano-budget article.
    Yeah, I was knocking around campus yesterday too, before work, and seen a fair few bods. Kinda puts you to shame.
    Still, I deserve a fukking break - as well as the normal exams coming up and the job, I still have this group project to do with that fukking bunch of man-hating harpies. Never again man, never again.
    Roll on the final year project - Its gonna be deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Evilution wrote:
    Duck tape??? What the fukk is duck tape? You knob.

pACE-962710reg.jpg

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    pACE-962710reg.jpg
    Doesn't count - its from america - home of the freaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Actually they sell Duck Tape in Homebase iirc - was over there picking up nails (hard man that i am) and saw ducktape a while ago :P

crash_000 wrote:
    Actually they sell Duck Tape in Homebase iirc - was over there picking up nails (hard man that i am) and saw ducktape a while ago :P

Yeah, I couldn't find a picture of the European version. More tasteful green packaging. Stuff is incredibly useful for keeping all your guitar leads from pulling out of effects pedals and amps. And reducing trippage when you freak out on that bone melting riff.

toilet duck is well handy too.

I used to be obsessed with the duck from the toilet duck ad as a child.

really. well, can't say i've heard that before.

• Advertisement

On the subject of toilet duck, I'd like to see LCD Soundsystem play the ball. Actually that had nothing to do with toilet duck.

speaking of lcd soundsytem i'd like to see toilet duck play the trinity ball. wait a minute ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

speaking of the Trinity Ball, make sure you bring Toilet Duck, cos the paint stripper ussually runs out at about half 3/quarter to 4. Well, in my experience anyway.

speaking of lcd soundsytem i'd like to see toilet duck play the trinity ball. wait a minute ....

I see what you did there!

Ducktape??? Thats false advertising if I ever seen it. Not a duck in sight on the cover and you'd get shafted by the ISPCA if you tried to tape up a duck. What next - dogwire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

LOL :D

Dogwire exists, its a specific mesh size in fencing to keep dogs in the backgarden!

Evilution wrote:
    Ducktape??? Thats false advertising if I ever seen it.

Yeah, you wouldn't believe how many Jaguars I bought thinking I'd get a big cat but instead all I got was a big car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Line up just announced: Lemon Jelly, Baby Shambles, Ian brown are headliners.

Not bad not bad! 100x better than the last few years!

ian brown for a fella that can't sing is a good artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Aw cool! I love Lemon Jelly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

baby shambles is who now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Níl fhíos agam! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Babyshambles are Pete Doherty's form the Libertines new band.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i tell you who really should play the trinity ball? QOTSA, The KILLERS, Chemical brothers, and Electric 6....

then i would be happy.

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

i tell you who really should play the trinity ball? QOTSA, The KILLERS, Chemical brothers, and Electric 6....

then i would be happy.

Joe
    We all have our dreams...maybe someday

• Advertisement

[/insert simpsons quote]
    maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday...

[/simpsons quote]

What a boring line up. Should be called the Trinity Sleepfest. At least last year had the Rapture. What's this year got? MOR central. *mumbles incoherently*

Babyshambles? ****ing Babyshambles? Needless to say I'm going to need to drink an awful lot this year. An awful lot. Hopefully Jacques le Con will be good. I'm with agent smith on this one, chemical brothers for next year or else I'm going on strike.

Kappar wrote:
    Babyshambles are Pete Doherty's from the Libertines new band.

Oh great, so now we're being treated to some crackhead arsebandit who thinks he can sing :mad: Dear jesus, where have the standards gone. I'm thinking that the SU are just getting bands that nobody has ever heard of in order to look cutting edge and modern. They must think these bands represent some sort of zeitgeist musical movement. Zeitgeist me arse - $hitegeist is more like it.
    I'm just thinking that if I looked at one of the SU emails about what bands to get for the trinity ball I'd see something like "just get some bottoms shelf $hite bands starting with 'The' that some of the dorks in Tower records recommend".
    Kiss of fukking death!!!!!

what i'm worried about is:

not the music. fukk the noise.
    what beer will be on sale? just bud, guinness and cashels? yukk.
    how much will it be?
    can i get a naggin in?how about a shoulder?
    do i have to rent a tux. can i borrow?steal one?
    will all food on sale be a complete and total rip off?
    what happens if i'm surronded by stupid trinity knobs and am forced to commit hari-kiri for sake of my sanity.

what happens if i'm surronded by stupid trinity knobs....
    Bit of an inevitability that, kev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Babyshambles? ****ing Babyshambles?
    Oh great, so now we're being treated to some crackhead arsebandit who thinks he can sing

I love you guys! We should start a Haters of The Libertines/The Strokes support group. Because everyone else seems to have fallen for their bad mojo.

Dunno about the lineup really. But I've heard good things about Lemon Jelly. Anyways, I'll be too busy trying not to maim myself on the bloody cobblestones to care.

Evilution wrote:
    "just get some bottoms shelf $hite bands starting with 'The' that some of the dorks in Tower records recommend".

No one in Tower Records would recommend those bands to you. You're thinking of HMV.

John2 wrote:
    No one in Tower Records would recommend those bands to you. You're thinking of HMV.
    HMV/Tower etc., they're all interchangable. I just picked Tower because its rife with pretentiousness.

i like golden discs. small and limited in resources, but competes well with the others.....

• Advertisement

...small and limited in resources....
    Sounds like the average dublin spunker to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hmm, I can go to either Witness or the Trinity ball, lets compare line ups :)
    Not one band I actually want to see live there, which sucks :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Eh I declare two things.

1) For a relatively small community, the line-up ain't bad
    2) You'd know it was Niall Morris who was organising, and not Luke Ryder.

We need more My Chemical Romance in the line-up. Now that would rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

2) You'd know it was Niall Morris who was organising, and not Luke Ryder.
    A science student I'd just like to add.. Niall, not luke

Don't hate me cos I'm inebriated..

as someone who'll be going to both, oxegen looks a hell of a lot better.

Evilution wrote:
    Sounds like the average dublin spunker to me :D
    Spunker??
    We need more My Chemical Romance in the line-up. Now that would rule.

Yes, and while we're at it, let's get Avril Lavigne and Simple Plan too! :D

• Advertisement

Pet wrote:
    Yes, and while we're at it, let's get Avril Lavigne and Simple Plan too! :D
    OMG Simple Plan broke up like ages ago, like duh.

Comparing MCR to Avril Lavigne is a joke. Have you heard their first album or any of their second (barring the single)? They're far heavier than, oh, say, Incubus.

Seriously, this "oh they're commercial, I don't like them" sh!te is getting f*cking rididulous. Firstly, within limits, who cares? And secondly, how can you label MCR as commercial?! They're relatively popular within a fringe group of people who like an expanding genre? If they're album is good (and hell it is) who should blame them if they sell more than 10,000 CD's? How commercial is acceptable? Soon any band on MTV2 are going to be pure sell-outs.

Ok, wow, joke!?

Firstly, no, I haven't heard anything by MCR except their current single, so I'm not going to say that they're crap or pop-punk, even though their current single/video would lead me to believe so. If you own the albums and defend them like you do then I'm sure there must be something to them.

Secondly, heavy =/= good.

Thirdly, a good portion of the music I listen to is "commercial", and I have no problem with that. But there is an excess of both middle-of-the-road indie bands and pop-punk bands at the moment, so it's hard to separate the good from bad, and I'm sure you'll agree with that.

And lastly, I actually would like to see Avril Lavigne at the trinity ball. But that's just me. :o

Pet wrote:
    Ok, wow, joke!?
    Sorry.
    Secondly, heavy =/= good.
    Yep, but there's definitely a strong correlation between heavy (specifically lack thereof) and commercial.

Pet wrote:
    Spunker??
    A synonym for a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

ah leave pete alone! bless 'im...
    whoa, thats mad, bands like muse and even babyshambles are playing the ball at an irish university and its not good enough?! hehe, gwan the trinners! :p
    only messin, its just that, set your hopes a leeeetle bit lower, oxegen is the biggest irish music festival and costs bout €120, maaaaybe, just maybe, thats why its line-up is a little bit better!

• Advertisement
Advertisement