Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb upgrade

• 15-03-2005 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I'm on digiweb wireless. So now with the Eircom upgrades what are the odds of Digiweb wireless and other alternative providers moving to match it.

I gather there is no technical barrier?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

they "might" upgrade dsl product, I don't know about wireless though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 termanator

The Idea Of Having Wireless Broadband Is You Dont Have The Expence Of The Phoneline That Is The Whole Idea Of Wireless Bb, Broadband Internet
    Mithout The Phone You May Bet That Everything That Eircom Release Dosent Come Without Very High Cost To The Consumer

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i was told that they plan to upgrade us at some stage but thats all they would tell me the bastards!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

I mail'ed them re. this and got the reply, that they will follow Eircom's, EsatBT's etc. line speed upgrades - an announcement should be pending shortly.
    The didn't get into specifics though .... will wait and see :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

are they waiting on the Wimax thing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

eircom are updating?

any info on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

i think this thread is about Digiweb upgrading its Wireless broadband speeds. €ircon upgraded their DSL lines a while back to 1mb. Digiweb are still running at 512k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh, sorry this line caught me out though
    So now with the Eircom upgrades

thought there was another upgrade planned.

Advertisement